• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More Starbucks stupidity...2/14 boycott planned COFFEE UP!

PistolPackingMomma

"We urge Starbucks to respect the rights of the vast majority of its customers, who seek to take their families into its stores without facing the intimidating presence of openly carried guns,” said Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign.

What right is he talking about? The mythical right to not be offended?

As I see it, Starbucks IS respecting the rights of it's customers; if you don't like that, get your caffeine fix elsewhere, Helmke. Although, I suspect he probably needs to switch to decaf. :rolleyes:

trevorthebusdriver

LOL! They say their group has 14 MILLION members, but their Facebook page only has 99 likes.

And from reading the comments, it looks like 98 of them are pro-gun!

Last edited:

briehl12

I am curious as to what "sane" gun laws would do for anybody? I read the artical, and watched the video but from what I can see it does nothing? Restrict my right so you feel comfortable living your life? No thanks. I have a right to own a gun and o/c as well as c/c. You have no right to be scared. being scared is not in the amendments. Brandybunch go away. :monkey

decklin

I was just reading some of the brochures on there. They just made me laugh. They show pictures of well dressed citizens carrying responsibly, going about their daily lives. But they are trying to paint them as bad people. You just have to love some of the "facts" they have on there as well.

Dave Workman

These people are jerks. Their philosophy is repugnant. They are without doubt trying to get Starbucks to practice social bigotry v. gun owners, whether you OC, CC or whatever.

Jeff Hayes

Is there an easy way to thank Starbucks for their sensible policy?

Yes Do what I did yesterday I purchased 2 lbs of coffee for home and 2 cups of coffee. I never stopped at Starbucks before they decided to allow firearms, now I drink Starbucks every day at home and I stop when I am on the road. I go out of my way to spend money with them now.

hermannr

Yes I know, the King 5 article is 2 years old, however, did you notice the results of the poll? 93% for guns at Starbucks, 7% against.

FMCDH

Yes Do what I did yesterday I purchased 2 lbs of coffee for home and 2 cups of coffee. I never stopped at Starbucks before they decided to allow firearms, now I drink Starbucks every day at home and I stop when I am on the road. I go out of my way to spend money with them now.

Remember, Starbucks never "decided" to allow firearms at any point, they simply decided to keep an already in place, non-exclusionary policy. Essentially, they decided to be like just about every other large corporation that deals with the general adult public and leave it to state law, and each store to decide for themselves how to handle customers who carry and cause problems.

I'm all for sharing the love for their staying neutral however.

Hell, I use to buy Peets coffee in the grocery store all the time until they caved to pressure and specifically created a policy that bans carry of any kind in their stores. Its not much, but I WAS buying about 2 bags of their coffee a month. The nice thing is, there are lots of other great coffees out there, and they are not missed.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Remember, Starbucks never "decided" to allow firearms at any point, they simply decided to keep an already in place, non-exclusionary policy. Essentially, they decided to be like just about every other large corporation that deals with the general adult public and leave it to state law, and each store to decide for themselves how to handle customers who carry and cause problems.

I'm all for sharing the love for their staying neutral however.

Hell, I use to buy Peets coffee in the grocery store all the time until they caved to pressure and specifically created a policy that bans carry of any kind in their stores. Its not much, but I WAS buying about 2 bags of their coffee a month. The nice thing is, there are lots of other great coffees out there, and they are not missed.

This is absolutely correct. Starbucks isn't pro-gun. They're anti-discrimination. That's all. I can respect that. In fact, I respect it so much I go there every morning.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
What right is he talking about? The mythical right to not be offended?

As I see it, Starbucks IS respecting the rights of it's customers; if you don't like that, get your caffeine fix elsewhere, Helmke. Although, I suspect he probably needs to switch to decaf. :rolleyes:

What they need is publicity. This is just a publicity stunt to get their name and message in the paper and on the news.

And, poor Starbucks is their target.

I don't normally drink Starbucks, but I think I'm gonna start. They don't deserve to be a publicity target of people who support criminals and seek to create defenseless victims.

TechnoWeenie

They had a little icon showing how bad the Glock that was used in Tucson, was.... Apparently IT shot and killed people, not the person holding it.

I had to make a motivational poster out of it.

59883223.jpg

jbone

LOL! They say their group has 14 MILLION members...

Reminds me of a topic on the forum a year or so back on lead shot and dead ducks, I think some organization used a similar unbelievable number, like between 100 and 10 million waterfowl are killed every year by ingesting lead shot.
When organizations can't come up with a real number they toss in some phony digits, looking for the wow factor, and sometime it works.