• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asset forfeitures: "bill changes forfeiture requirements with respect to firearms."

Dreamer

Assett forfeiture as a legal device is considered evil by any person who values freedom and liberty.

So evil, in fact, that is was one of the PRIMARY reasons we fought the Revolutionary War against England.

The State stealing the property of people who they THINK may have been involved in something dicey, BEFORE trial, or even charges are laid, and then making the accused SUE the State to get their property back even if they are cleared of all charges (that is how the Federal Asset Forfeiture program case law is set out!!!) is nothing more than tyrannical thuggery wearing a fancy suit.

We were so insulted and agrieved by asset forfeiture that we fought a "hot war" over it against the LARGEST military power on the planet in the 1770s.

And now our own government is telling us that this is a "necessary law enforcement technique" and that it is "for the good of the people"...

Yeah, Just which people would that be? The Prison-Industrial complex? The corrupt LEAs who steal money, vehicles, and property from law-abiding citizens just because they want it in their own coffers? The militarized LEAs who use their ill-gotten seized assets to further build up their arsenals of oppression against the Citizens of this once-fine nation?

Yeah, we know EXACTLY what kind of people asset forfeiture programs help--the very people who are ruining this nation--the sociopaths who are hiding behind badges, fancy suits and big desks in State Houses.

ANY law that moves to restrict or abolish Asset Forfeiture in any way is good in my view. Asset Forfeiture is a crime against Liberty, and a direct attack on Capitalism and the accumulation of wealth of the middle class, and needs to be ABOLISHED wholesale as a legal tactic.

And I should know--I helped publish the "book" on it for BJA (BJA Asset Forfeiture Series, a set of nearly a dozen booklets outlining how LEAs can use case law to legally steal all sorts of real property and monies from people without even charging them with a crime...) when I was much younger, and working as a contractor--before I came to my senses and got out of that business...

Last edited:

riverrat10k

Y'no Dreamer, a lotta people have given you crap on this board from time to time but this is beautiful:

Asset Forfeiture is a crime against Liberty, and a direct attack on Capitalism and the accumulation of wealth of the middle class, and needs to be ABOLISHED wholesale as a legal tactic.

Dreamer

Y'no Dreamer, a lotta people have given you crap on this board from time to time but this is beautiful:

Asset Forfeiture is a crime against Liberty, and a direct attack on Capitalism and the accumulation of wealth of the middle class, and needs to be ABOLISHED wholesale as a legal tactic.

Thank you.

The pen may not ultimately be militarily mightier than the sword, but it can cut every bit as deep into the minds of men, with the exact opposite effect. Instead of cutting off life, liberty, and freedom like the sword, the pen can inflame and stimulate life and all desires toward liberty, freedom and soveriengty.

The digital camera may be the musket of the 21st century, but the Internet is like a million broadside publishing Common Presses, each with a million page output per day...

Resistance is Victory. Knowledge is Freedom. Information is our Ammunition.

wylde007

I'm actually pretty regularly in complete agreement with him.

He needs to move back to NC. We're going to need him down here after the next election cycle.

Dreamer

I'm actually pretty regularly in complete agreement with him.

He needs to move back to NC. We're going to need him down here after the next election cycle.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, but I have family up here that is VERY important, and a LOT of work to do on 2A issues in MD. I'm deep inside "enemy territory" and having joined the battle, I'm committed for the long haul.

I'll be back for visits--I have a lot of friends and some family in NC that I will be visiting...