• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maryland's new rifle

Dreamer

All the full auto etc that the LE agencies have these days are either free or mostly paid for by federal funds. Thank O'b for his generosity with your money.

I can't speak to YOUR jurisdiction, but last year when the Greenville PD purchased 20+ new AR-15s (semi-auto) they were entirely funded by funds garnered from assetts seized in drug prosecutions. From what I understand, MOST LEAs fund new equipment this way--the Federal Asset Forfeiture program was set up a few decades ago for JUST this reason--to give LEAs a way to convert their "War on Drugs" booty into paramilitary gear. It's a strategy pretty much based on the Ollie North School of Finance.

Federal funding to LEAs primarily goes to indocrtrination, brainwashing, demonization of the Constitution, and "training"...

Sig229

I can't speak to YOUR jurisdiction, but last year when the Greenville PD purchased 20+ new AR-15s (semi-auto) they were entirely funded by funds garnered from assetts seized in drug prosecutions. From what I understand, MOST LEAs fund new equipment this way--the Federal Asset Forfeiture program was set up a few decades ago for JUST this reason--to give LEAs a way to convert their "War on Drugs" booty into paramilitary gear. It's a strategy pretty much based on the Ollie North School of Finance.

Federal funding to LEAs primarily goes to indocrtrination, brainwashing, demonization of the Constitution, and "training"...

100% correct.
This is why in many states the PD can seize your car or in some cases even your home in drug cases BEFORE youre even convicted.
In some states, if you are pulled over and they find even marijuana residue they can take your car from you.

So there is a person who's arrested for a non violent crime, vehicle taken away which means he cant get to work which means he will be flat broke and cant afford his own attorney.
The sate gives him some public defender who doesnt give a damn about his case and the guy ends up in a private corrections facility which also makes the state money.

Just goes to show you that police arent about justice anymore, Its about profit.

Dreamer

100% correct.
This is why in many states the PD can seize your car or in some cases even your home in drug cases BEFORE youre even convicted.
In some states, if you are pulled over and they find even marijuana residue they can take your car from you.

Actually, under Federal (and most State) Asset Forfeiture laws, they can seize real property (houses, land, boats, aircraft, motor vehicles) and financial assets (bank accounts, investments, etc) BEFORE you are even CHARGED with a crime.

And under these same laws, even if you are acquitted or found non guilty, the seized property remains the Government's property, and you have to SUE them to get it back, and prove that you did everything in your power to ensure that the property would not be used in connection with illicit purposes.

I helped produce the BJA's "Asset Forfeiture Series" back in the 1990s, which is a multi-pamphlet set (I thin there are 15 or 18 pamphlets in the series, maybe more now) that was made available to local LEAs to guide them how to conduct asset forfeiture programs, complete with Case Law references to support their theft, justify their larceny and defend their treasonous actions.

I am ashamed that I had a hand in producing that vile tome. I have removed it from my portfolio, and no longer consider it to be indicative of my work. But I do keep 2 copies of it, to remind myself of just how evil, larcenous and criminal our own government has become...