• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Received my license...... 84 days later

Big River Leather

Yeah, I know, partially my fault.

Mailed in Nov 1. Returned to me on Nov 26th as I didn't return the affirmation form with my MN Permit, returned to them Nov 28th. Check Cashed December 6th. Received license on Jan 23rd :mad: :-D

I called them last Friday. I rattled off all of the dates for her and she was very impressed and pleased that I had them ready. apparently that is not always the case. She said, based on my timeline, the 45 day clock started ticking for me on about Nov 30th since that is probably when they received it back which should put the "print date" at Jan 14th. The letter with my license was dated Jan 19th.

I've had my MN permit (they call it a permit) for about 3 years so I probably won't have any exciting stories of overcoming anxiety while carrying in the 5 & dime, sorry.

However, I did just start wearing my P229 and 2 spare mags in a shoulder holster last week. That was kind of like starting all over again with a new kind of carry that felt very bulky but not visible (despite the fact I constantly thought it was hanging well below my jacket and vest, which it wasn't even close).

Captain Nemo

BRL: You bring up an interesting point. I don't believe the Wisconsin concealed carry law requires that the firearm be completely invisible. Basically all Act 35 did was provide private citizens an exception to ss941.23 providing we comply with ss 175.60. I can't find any indication in Act 35 or associated statutes that requires 100% concealment. We always have the constitutional protection to open carry. I'm not sure how the MN carry law reads. I do know that there is no right to keep and bear arms in the MN constitution similar to WI so all forms of carry in MN are state issued privileges. I don't know if your comment of the gun seemingly hanging below your jacket was related to a 100% concealment requirement or not but it did spawn an interesting question. Anybody know how the MN law reads on this issue. Could be important for those of us on the Western border that venture to and from.

E6chevron

There is nothing specifically in the statutes that requires concealment at all.

175.60 License to carry a concealed Weapong. https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/175/60?view=section
Does not require concealment.

943.13 Trespass to land [and buildings, w/wout permission with firearm]
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/943/II/13
Buildings or Special Events Could be posted by the owner/manager, 'No Open Carry Weapons". This would require being concealed, which would also require a CCL License (due to 941.23), unless you were the owner or occupant.

941.235 Carrying firearm in state or political subdivision public building
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/941/III/235
Exception for a CCL Licensee. No requirement for being concealed.

941.237 Carrying handgun where alcohol may be sold and consumed
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/941/III/237
Same for carrying in a Class B tavern/restaurant without a special event or other special permission. Exception for a CCL Licensee. No requirement for being concealed.

948.605 Gun Free School Zones. Firearm Possession GFSZ (grades 1-12)
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/948/605
Exception for a CCL licensee to possess in the 1,000 foot donut around a school grounds. Nothing is mentioned about the firearm being open or concealed.

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon

However, I did just start wearing my P229 and 2 spare mags in a shoulder holster last week. That was kind of like starting all over again with a new kind of carry that felt very bulky but not visible (despite the fact I constantly thought it was hanging well below my jacket and vest, which it wasn't even close).
Any pictures of your new rig?

BROKENSPROKET

How I am going to have to call my freind at the DOJ and see how you got your permit before I got my holster. I promised me he would hold it until I called him.:lol: