• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Visiting

badkarma

I'm in ATL for the week and wanted to kow what the OC situation is here? I see some threads saying it might be per county but nothing sticky that explains the law. I'm CC while here(Legal due to reproprocity).

Kingfish

I'm in ATL for the week and wanted to kow what the OC situation is here? I see some threads saying it might be per county but nothing sticky that explains the law. I'm CC while here(Legal due to reproprocity).
OC and CC are exactly the same under Georgia law. Just stay out of the off limits locations and OC away. I OC everywhere I go. We will be in Atlanta this weekend and there is only one place I won't be OC (Dekalb Farmers Market).

Kingfish

Besides Bars, what are off limits? Is a farmers market off limits?
Farmers market is not off limits but they have a sign...Signs hold no weight here and I would normally not patronize an establishment with a no guns sign but this is the one exception I will make (I will be CC.)

Other than that:
Any Government building
On the grounds of k-12 schools or college campus (in the car is fine)
Church buildings
State mental health facility
Nuclear power facility

That's it really.

ETA: http://www.georgiapacking.org/gflpol.php

Last edited:

badkarma

Farmers market is not off limits but they have a sign...Signs hold no weight here and I would normally not patronize an establishment with a no guns sign but this is the one exception I will make (I will be CC.)

Other than that:
Any Government building
On the grounds of k-12 schools or college campus (in the car is fine)
Church buildings
State mental health facility
Nuclear power facility

That's it really.

ETA: http://www.georgiapacking.org/gflpol.php

Thank you for the link. I suspect they can ask you to leave and if you refuse they can get you for trespassing?

rmodel65

bars are only off limits without permission....Georgia has very few true bars

badkarma

Im back for another week. I avoid bars when carring so not an issue. I have been CCing though. Probably a good decision while in more seedy neighborhoods(Dinner last night was at Fat Matt's).