Thread: Group of antis planning Starbucks boycott on 14 February... who's up for coffee?

Group of antis planning Starbucks boycott on 14 February... who's up for coffee?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...137890863.html

Possibly the most biased article I've read in awhile. Group's website is worse. In any event, their objective is to hit Starbucks' stock value with a boycott (Starbucks corporate policy is to follow whatever the state law is, so they allow OC and CC where it's legal). I hate their dirt-tasting coffee, but I vote we all buy a cup on Valentines' Day.
    v/r
    Forrest Brown
    Webmaster, Maine Open Carry Association
    forrest@maineopencarry.org

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    That press release makes me want to:

I will visit at least 3 starbucks that day. I will thank them for their policy and leave a $5 tip in each tip jar.

It's so VERY dangerous in a Starbucks - I wonder how many shootings per day they have? None? Get out!!
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by sawah View Post
    It's so VERY dangerous in a Starbucks - I wonder how many shootings per day they have? None? Get out!!
    Yikes! Stripes!

It is not about need, anymore than is a fire extinguisher or Stanley Multi-Plane.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 01-24-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Yikes! Stripes!

It is not about need, anymore than is a fire extinguisher or Stanley Multi-Plane.
    don't feed the troll.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The support that has been generated to show thanks to Starbucks had been outstanding across the nation.

One suggested method of bringing quiet attention to our visits has been made - pay for your coffee with $2.00 bills, symbolizing the 2nd Amendment - it will cause you to be remembered.

This idea is on the brink of going viral - so best get yours a few days early before your bank runs out.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The support that has been generated to show thanks to Starbucks had been outstanding across the nation.

One suggested method of bringing quiet attention to our visits has been made - pay for your coffee with $2.00 bills, symbolizing the 2nd Amendment - it will cause you to be remembered.

This idea is on the brink of going viral - so best get yours a few days early before your bank runs out.
    I know from working around Portland that only one thing comes to mind when someone pays with $2 bills. PTs Showclub. Strippers deal in $2's.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout399 View Post
    I know from working around Portland that only one thing comes to mind when someone pays with $2 bills. PTs Showclub. Strippers deal in $2's.
    I don't want to know how you came to have that little tidbit of knowledge

Must be a local thing - doesn't bother me in the least. ymmv

Don't think anyone is likely to accuse me of fraternization with that element and I have, off and on for years, tipped with silver dollars and $2.00 bills & guess what?............the wait staff remember me.

BTW - when someone mentions a G string, I think of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN8bY7MngR0

Point is anything can be made a positive or a negative depending on the predisposition.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-28-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout399 View Post
    Truth in Maine.