• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Group of antis planning Starbucks boycott on 14 February... who's up for coffee?

ep0k

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...boycott-on-valentines-day-2012-137890863.html

Possibly the most biased article I've read in awhile. Group's website is worse. In any event, their objective is to hit Starbucks' stock value with a boycott (Starbucks corporate policy is to follow whatever the state law is, so they allow OC and CC where it's legal). I hate their dirt-tasting coffee, but I vote we all buy a cup on Valentines' Day.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
That press release makes me want to:

Family-Guy-Vomit.gif

sawah

It's so VERY dangerous in a Starbucks - I wonder how many shootings per day they have? None? Get out!!

H

Herr Heckler Koch

It's so VERY dangerous in a Starbucks - I wonder how many shootings per day they have? None? Get out!!
Yikes! Stripes!

It is not about need, anymore than is a fire extinguisher or Stanley Multi-Plane.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The support that has been generated to show thanks to Starbucks had been outstanding across the nation.

One suggested method of bringing quiet attention to our visits has been made - pay for your coffee with $2.00 bills, symbolizing the 2nd Amendment - it will cause you to be remembered.

This idea is on the brink of going viral - so best get yours a few days early before your bank runs out. :D

boyscout399

The support that has been generated to show thanks to Starbucks had been outstanding across the nation.

One suggested method of bringing quiet attention to our visits has been made - pay for your coffee with $2.00 bills, symbolizing the 2nd Amendment - it will cause you to be remembered.

This idea is on the brink of going viral - so best get yours a few days early before your bank runs out. :D

I know from working around Portland that only one thing comes to mind when someone pays with $2 bills. PTs Showclub. Strippers deal in $2's.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I know from working around Portland that only one thing comes to mind when someone pays with $2 bills. PTs Showclub. Strippers deal in $2's.

I don't want to know how you came to have that little tidbit of knowledge :lol:

Must be a local thing - doesn't bother me in the least. ymmv

Don't think anyone is likely to accuse me of fraternization with that element and I have, off and on for years, tipped with silver dollars and $2.00 bills & guess what?............the wait staff remember me.

BTW - when someone mentions a G string, I think of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN8bY7MngR0

Point is anything can be made a positive or a negative depending on the predisposition.

Last edited: