• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield OC meet up

ecocks

Info on Ryan's:

Ryan's Steakhouse on Kearney Street closes after company shakeup
January 19, 2012|by KY3 News | newsalerts@ky3.com

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- A restaurant on the north side of the city is one of dozens being shut down by its parent company. Ryan's Steakhouse on East Kearney Street was closed on Thursday and employees said it wouldn't reopen.

Buffets Incorporated launched a restructuring plan that will close 81 of its under-performing restaurants.

It appears the Ryan's Steakhouse on South Campbell Avenue will continue to operate.

The company's official list will come out Friday.

http://articles.ky3.com/2012-01-19/shakeup_30645329

I expect to be there.

Last edited:

Redbaron007

I'm tentative.

Out of town most of the day and not sure when I will be back in town.

Redbaron007

Hey guys (gal's too)!

How was the attendence? Sorry about not being there; got into town around 530ish.

Any arrests? :lol:

goalseter88

Hey guys (gal's too)!

How was the attendence? Sorry about not being there; got into town around 530ish.

Any arrests? :lol:

You didn't hear about the swat team being called in??? :p No, nothing exciting like that.

We had a Okay turn out, we had around 5 people show up. I had fun. Talked enought that I actually didn't eat as much as I thought I would. And I generally try to get my money worth out of buffets.

Redbaron007

Well, I did see several SPD flying up Campbell as I got off at James River! :lol:

Glad several showed up.

I will catch you guys next time....I hope!

Boba Fett

Yeah I only ate 3 plates. My record was when I was like 10 at a Chinese place. I ate 7 plate fulls of food that time. It was a pleasure to meet you guys! I had a good time! :)

goalseter88

Yeah I only ate 3 plates. My record was when I was like 10 at a Chinese place. I ate 7 plate fulls of food that time. It was a pleasure to meet you guys! I had a good time! :)

Same here, boba fett. I happy you made the time to come out. Hopefully well see you again. Were trying to get some more people that will make the effort on showing up.

Shooter64738

If I may make a suggestion, and possibly increase the turn out for next time..

To promote carry in general, weather it be open or concealed, lets have a serious meaningful discussion at our next get together about a given topic. I know that use of force and concealable firearms laws are always important subjects, and should generate some interest. Even if you don't come for the food, you may walk away with more knowledge.

Probably can't cover all the nuances of each county and city in the state, but we can go over a good bit of state law.

Anyone interested?

Boba Fett

If I may make a suggestion, and possibly increase the turn out for next time..

To promote carry in general, weather it be open or concealed, lets have a serious meaningful discussion at our next get together about a given topic. I know that use of force and concealable firearms laws are always important subjects, and should generate some interest. Even if you don't come for the food, you may walk away with more knowledge.

Probably can't cover all the nuances of each county and city in the state, but we can go over a good bit of state law.

Anyone interested?

This sounds like a very good idea to me!

Shooter64738

Okay. If we can get a few interested parties, I'll see about getting some people interested and we'll have a meet up and talk about a topic.

We can pick something from a list of topics. I'll throw these out there:

Firearm retention and holsters
Ammunition choices
Use of force law
Concealable Firearms law
Addressing the public

We can plan on about a 2 hour slot maybe. I know everyone wont be able to stay all night.