Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place to get a black hawk serpa holster?

Cool Best place to get a black hawk serpa holster?

Any place I might be able to get one for the best price?
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25

You can get a Safariland 6378 from Optics Planet for $27.99.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/safarila...8-283-411.html

Skip the Serpa, get a SafariLand ALS *ducks*
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I've ordered both Safariland and Blackhawk (Serpa) products from Cheaper Than Dirt before. Good prices.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MfgHolsters.aspx

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/HolsterSearchWizard.aspx
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    get a SafariLand ALS
    Caveat: if they make one for your handgun.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Banned
    Bass Pro Shops, or try midwayusa

ebay
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Optics planet has the best prices I have found...

You've already been told to get a safariland instead... which you should absolutely do... unless you cannot get one for your firearm...

Alternatively, you can find a serpa for an HK in my trashcan.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Banned
    I tried a safariland, hated it. A holster shouldnt hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Agreed, that is why we are providing guidance to stay away from Serpa.

If you still have it I will swap you my belt loop adapter for your paddle that hurts you.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Banned
    I would, but I traded it for a blackhawk. I'm used to them already, and already have the muscle memory for them so I don't have to relearn my draw.

For as many people who use the blackhawks everyday, there are very few people getting hurt with them. If they were as big of a danger as people claim, people wouldn't be buying them, the .gov would step in where it doesn't belong again, and blackhawk would be sued out of existence.

Banned
    Anybody got one for an M&P they don't want?

I would, but I traded it for a blackhawk. I'm used to them already, and already have the muscle memory for them so I don't have to relearn my draw.

For as many people who use the blackhawks everyday, there are very few people getting hurt with them. If they were as big of a danger as people claim, people wouldn't be buying them, the .gov would step in where it doesn't belong again, and blackhawk would be sued out of existence.
    I guess you never heard of Tex Grebner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Caveat: if they make one for your handgun.
    THIS!

I ordered one for my P99 and I could not for the life of me figureo out why it was rattling around in the holster. Called up Safariland and come to find out they don't make an ALS holster for my P99. The one I bought was made for the P99 before the redesign. That redesign was EIGHT YEARS AGO. I sent it back and bought a Serpa.

Safariland is severely behind the times.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Banned
    Actually, I saw that one as soon as it came out.

How many people didnt shoot themselves that day?

Actually, I saw that one as soon as it came out.

How many people didnt shoot themselves that day?
    I dunno, but I've found a number of instructors who teach CPL and advanced handgun combat training don't allow Blackhawk Serpas anymore, including a guy I know and respect. If you like it, and want to keep using it, and feel safe doing so, more power to you. While I have used them in the past, I've always had problems with the fore-finger button. It doesn't feel natural to me. Then again, I'm used to thumb snaps from duty holsters I've used over my many years working as an armed security officer, so maybe that's why I don't like it that well.
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 01-24-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    Agreed, that is why we are providing guidance to stay away from Serpa.
    This conversation sounds vaguely familiar...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

If you make a trip to your local hospital you might be able to find a good used one...

However if not, check out amazon as well. Or google search it, click the shopping search option and it will bring up a lot of prices and websites you can purchase them from.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Some people you just can't reach.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Cool

Anybody got one for an M&P they don't want?
    Yea same here I need one for my SW M&P compact .40

PS thx for all the replies I'm gonna look into both types...
    Last edited by T Mack; 01-24-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    There was once a group of 4 guys having dinner. Three had ALS, one had a SERPA. The SERPA guy had ALS envy.

There was more envy than just holsters that night, but that won't be spoken of!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned

Tex Grebner

The I just Fing shot myself guy.

I went to Tex Grebners youtube channel, and asked him what he thought about the serpa. He responded.

ME

I feel bad about your leg. A lot of people keep blaming your mishap on the choice of holsters. I was wondering,do you blame the shooting on the holster or holster mechanism ? People are using what happened to you as a justification to hate on the serpa design.

Tex

I do not like Serpas I gave them a chance and I shot myself while using a sepra, I am not saying that the Serpa is the reason I shot myself but i dont like my trigger finger doing anything but making the gun go bang. i believe a Serpa is a holster of Murphies law. but I dont say dont use them but i dont recommend them to people i like.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 01-25-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Question Got a headache

Trying to figure out what safari land holster to get for my M&P .40 compact? Gave me a headache!!!,

Quote Originally Posted by T Mack View Post
    Trying to figure out what safari land holster to get for my M&P .40 compact? Gave me a headache!!!,
    http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/info/willfit.aspx
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast