• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best place to get a black hawk serpa holster?

TheQ

This conversation sounds vaguely familiar... :D

There was once a group of 4 guys having dinner. Three had ALS, one had a SERPA. The SERPA guy had ALS envy.

There was more envy than just holsters that night, but that won't be spoken of!

stainless1911

Banned
Tex Grebner

The I just Fing shot myself guy.

I went to Tex Grebners youtube channel, and asked him what he thought about the serpa. He responded.

ME

I feel bad about your leg. A lot of people keep blaming your mishap on the choice of holsters. I was wondering,do you blame the shooting on the holster or holster mechanism ? People are using what happened to you as a justification to hate on the serpa design.

Tex

I do not like Serpas I gave them a chance and I shot myself while using a sepra, I am not saying that the Serpa is the reason I shot myself but i dont like my trigger finger doing anything but making the gun go bang. i believe a Serpa is a holster of Murphies law. but I dont say dont use them but i dont recommend them to people i like.

Last edited:

T Mack

Which safariland?

Ok so there is a duty, tactical, ext.., which one should i get for my open carry holster? Thx again.

Or should i ask which holster are you guys using?

Last edited:

HKcarrier

Ok so there is a duty, tactical, ext.., which one should i get for my open carry holster? Thx again.

Or should i ask which holster are you guys using?

The duty one is probably level III retention.. it has the SLS hood which means there is a flip up hood or "arch" that goes over the gun... and the ALS retention system. you push a button, that hood flips forward and out of the way, then you push the thumb retention button and draw normally. The one I posted is level II.... just has the thumb retention button.

Click here: http://www.opticsplanet.net/safariland-als-holsters.html

See the red picture towards the left... shows the front of the holster.... you push button 2 down and flip the hood forward..... then hit button 1... and gun will release...

On this page there is a sweet video that shows how it works.

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6365

The 6378 that I carry does not have the SLS hood, but still employs the ALS locking system.

HKcarrier

Thats the one I had, but only paid 38$.

I liked the suede liner though. Took some felt and some epoxy, and lined the inside of the blackhawk with it to accomplish the same thing.

Whoaaa boy... watch out! Stainless is making "custom" holsters again... :D

T Mack

The duty one is probably level III retention.. it has the SLS hood which means there is a flip up hood or "arch" that goes over the gun... and the ALS retention system. you push a button, that hood flips forward and out of the way, then you push the thumb retention button and draw normally. The one I posted is level II.... just has the thumb retention button.

Click here: http://www.opticsplanet.net/safariland-als-holsters.html

See the red picture towards the left... shows the front of the holster.... you push button 2 down and flip the hood forward..... then hit button 1... and gun will release...

On this page there is a sweet video that shows how it works.

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6365

The 6378 that I carry does not have the SLS hood, but still employs the ALS locking system.

Yea I did not want the level III with the hood... I ordered the 6378 that u gave me the link for for my
M&P .40c

HKcarrier

Code:

HKcarrier, thank you sir. It has been ordered. Now I can OC and not worry about someone taking my gun out of my holster from behind... :lol:

No problem... hope you like it as well as some of us other guys do....

I'm going to be buying the 6378 for my M&P9 as well, now I just need a good one for my Glock 19...

*bing http://www.opticsplanet.net/safaril...-stx-plain-black-right-hand-6378-283-411.html

Just got a email it's on back order.... :cuss:

Son of a..... hopefully it will come back in soon. You could try calling michigan police equipment in the lansing area... actually maybe I'll swing thru there.. haven't been in a while.