• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best place to get a black hawk serpa holster?

HKcarrier

Optics planet has the best prices I have found...

You've already been told to get a safariland instead... which you should absolutely do... unless you cannot get one for your firearm...

Alternatively, you can find a serpa for an HK in my trashcan. :D

stainless1911

Banned
I would, but I traded it for a blackhawk. I'm used to them already, and already have the muscle memory for them so I don't have to relearn my draw.

For as many people who use the blackhawks everyday, there are very few people getting hurt with them. If they were as big of a danger as people claim, people wouldn't be buying them, the .gov would step in where it doesn't belong again, and blackhawk would be sued out of existence.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I would, but I traded it for a blackhawk. I'm used to them already, and already have the muscle memory for them so I don't have to relearn my draw.

For as many people who use the blackhawks everyday, there are very few people getting hurt with them. If they were as big of a danger as people claim, people wouldn't be buying them, the .gov would step in where it doesn't belong again, and blackhawk would be sued out of existence.
I guess you never heard of Tex Grebner. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE

SovereignAxe

Caveat: if they make one for your handgun.

THIS!

I ordered one for my P99 and I could not for the life of me figureo out why it was rattling around in the holster. Called up Safariland and come to find out they don't make an ALS holster for my P99. The one I bought was made for the P99 before the redesign. That redesign was EIGHT YEARS AGO. I sent it back and bought a Serpa.

Safariland is severely behind the times.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Actually, I saw that one as soon as it came out.

How many people didnt shoot themselves that day?
I dunno, but I've found a number of instructors who teach CPL and advanced handgun combat training don't allow Blackhawk Serpas anymore, including a guy I know and respect. If you like it, and want to keep using it, and feel safe doing so, more power to you. While I have used them in the past, I've always had problems with the fore-finger button. It doesn't feel natural to me. Then again, I'm used to thumb snaps from duty holsters I've used over my many years working as an armed security officer, so maybe that's why I don't like it that well.

Last edited:

Yance

If you make a trip to your local hospital you might be able to find a good used one...

However if not, check out amazon as well. Or google search it, click the shopping search option and it will bring up a lot of prices and websites you can purchase them from.