• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

oc/cc just do it and this is why

griffin

Okay, but what's this crap:

What is it with black people and "being disrespected?" Low self-esteem within the community?

And the "good guy" has been screwing the "bad guy's" fiance (LOL) who he (the bad guy) already had three kids with? (Fiance...lol).

And then the DA tries to charge him with first degree pre-meditated murder when he ran to the police station for safety?

Is anyone in this entire story sane?

Last edited:

HKcarrier

They shouldnt have been handling him that way in the door way. 7 cops, he wasnt fighting or resisting, yet they pinned him like a hog, twisted him up, and then shoved him around without cause. No excuse.

I agree somewhat... they were dealing with an "active shooter" for all they knew... but he was subdued by the first 2.. why the additional rough handling?

I think that this shows how you WILL be second guessed and monday morning QBed by the prosecution if you defend yourself. Even I think he could have done things differently.. He definately should have parked differently... maybe not even stopped at all... called 911 and circled the building...

He's lucky the dude in the durango didn't try to run into him... Which honestly, I question if the guy wanted to kill him, he would have... but obviously the BG had bad intentions... otehrwise he woudln't have chased him to the po-po to have a confrontation out front... he meant business.

All things said, I sure hope I -NEVER- have to defend myself in this manner... what a terrible life changing thing for all involved.... especially the kids that had to watch their dad get smoked.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Okay, I vaguely remember this story. Anyone have a good link to the background information?

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Okay, I vaguely remember this story. Anyone have a good link to the background information?

The YouTube video has a link. It appears the police tried to have the person convicted by declaring that the defendant had "inconsistencies" in his story... but when pressed an officer who was a key witness stated:
“There are no real inconsistencies, just variances on how he used the words,”
Anyone who believes that would never happen here is delusional.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
+1

What is it with black people and "being disrespected?" Low self-esteem within the community?

And the "good guy" has been screwing the "bad guy's" fiance (LOL) who he (the bad guy) already had three kids with? (Fiance...lol).

And then the DA tries to charge him with first degree pre-meditated murder when he ran to the police station for safety?

The short answer NOPE!

Slave

Same thing that is up with white people who say it. I didn't know that there was a color involved with saying you where disrespected. I know italians who take it much further. Don't get me started on the Japanese and the concept of "face", which the word for disrespect.

Stop it, there is a great group of people who post here, hardly ever is race ever brought up. Besides, the black defendant never said this, the prosecuter did. Go ask her this stupid question.

Last edited: