• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I love Guns and Coffee counter Protest 2-14-12 at a Starbucks near you!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
41574_117761084918111_847_n.jpg

An anti-gun group is attempting to organize a nationwide Valentine's Day boycott of Starbucks over the coffee chain's gun policy. See: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/call-boycott-starbucks-valentines-day-over-gun-policy.

Gun owners NATIONWIDE should support their local Starbucks and thank them for serving great drinks and not getting involved in the gun debate.

Feel free to TIP them as well! We are better customers than the anti's!

SHARE THIS EVENT FAR AND WIDE!
GUN OWNERS COUNTER PROTEST:
http://www.facebook.com/events/261743290558881/

Sheriff

I would have to take out a 2nd mortgage to afford a Starbucks!

Their little boycott doesn't amount to diddly squat. It's just like gas-out days, people still need gas and people still buy gas. I would venture to guess that less than a dozen people in the city I live in even know about this boycott on Valentine's Day.

Vanns40

Stick it to the Anti-Gunners, buy a cup of coffee on Valentine's Day!!

The National Gun Victims Action Council is calling for a boycott of Starbucks on Valentine's Day because Starbucks follows State law and says you should be allowed to defend yourself in their stores. (http://gunvictimsaction.org/starbucks-boycott/)

What better way to show them that OUR hearts are in the right place than to buy a cup of joe at Starbucks on Valentines Day. Yeah, it's a little pricey and I normally just drink the mud I make a home, but on Feb. 14, I plan on joining with some friends at one of the Starbucks in Alexandria to support them because they support us. I'll also be open carrying.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I would have to take out a 2nd mortgage to afford a Starbucks!

Their little boycott doesn't amount to diddly squat. It's just like gas-out days, people still need gas and people still buy gas. I would venture to guess that less than a dozen people in the city I live in even know about this boycott on Valentine's Day.

Geese, with that approach I'm surprised we even have gun rights left. Give me an address and I'll send you a gift certificate for a cup.:banghead:

Neplusultra

The gun owners counter protest is already over double what their numbers are on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/events/261743290558881/

I think people are starting to see that guns are not the threat they were made out to be. Only the emotionally immature still look at it that way. Still, it'd be good to buy a cup of coffee and thank them for taking a neutral stance and having a coroporate policy of following state laws. Which is nothing more or less than the position they should take. I think you could make an argument that a company should support Constitutional rights as such but from a business perspective I've always thought it foolish for a business to get into political issues. You always offend somebody when you do and that's not what a good business should do.

Last edited:

Marco

Geese, with that approach I'm surprised we even have gun rights left. Give me an address and I'll send you a gift certificate for a cup.:banghead:

No need to do that, I plan to hit my local Starbuck's and buy a beverage for at least the next 5 folks in line behind me.
D, some like to talk chit but do little to help, that approach is why others have to work extra hard.

Felix

I'm in!

In fact, I'll hit a couple local Starbucks on VT Day and stay awhile. OCing of course and proudly wearing an orange "Guns Save Lives" sticker promeniently displayed for any antis who might be around.

Actually, it'd be cool to have a NoVA meet-up of OCDO members at a Starbucks that day if not for the fact that corporate Starbucks has discouraged large-group displays of OC. Believe that came from the CEO himself.

TraumaRN

No need to do that, I plan to hit my local Starbuck's and buy a beverage for at least the next 5 folks in line behind me.
D, some like to talk chit but do little to help, that approach is why others have to work extra hard.

nice idea. might just do it.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I also plan to go to Starbucks in support. Let's not forget that not only does Starbucks have a pro-gun policy, they have also publicly defended it.

Rev tone92

I think out of everything gun related this simple mindedness bothers me the most. Showing statistics that really have nothing ri do with the topic yet people eat it up. Ill be OCing on VT day and leaving a hefty tip. It really angers me when people use other countries gun statistics to try and sway the public. :banghead:

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
This is the mass email that they are sending out! They called on Starbucks to stop letting people in with "assault" rifles and the "automatic weapon" used by the Tuscon lunatic.

Dear Starbucks,
I support the Valentine’s Day launch of a boycott against Starbucks. I will not visit Starbucks stores or buy any Starbucks products wherever they are sold until your company joins other national chains — including Disney, IKEA, California Pizza Kitchen and others — in banning handguns and assault rifles from your stores. Thousands of people have petitioned, asked at your shareholder meeting, and appealed directly to your Board to ban guns in your stores. Your refusal is a vote for the NRA and their lethal pro-gun agenda!
I am disappointed to learn that Starbucks is not the socially conscious company that you promote. To live up to your claims as a socially conscious corporation, I call on Starbucks to actively work for sane gun laws, in cooperation with the National Gun Victims Action Council and allied groups who speak for the 14 million gun victims, survivors, and their families in the U.S. 14 million people is an army of coffee drinkers ready to support a corporation that champions public health and safety.
Your policy of welcoming guns like the automatic weapon used by the Tucson shooter into your stores, either openly carried or concealed, is not acceptable. It is shocking. Starbucks has the legal right to ban guns. Please assert this right, reject the NRA’s Pro-Gun Agenda and become a corporate advocate in the struggle for sane gun laws in the United States. Until Starbucks does this, I will continue my boycott.

Rev tone92

This is the mass email that they are sending out! They called on Starbucks to stop letting people in with "assault" rifles and the "automatic weapon" used by the Tuscon lunatic.

Because criminals check the door for no guns allowed signs before entering to shoot up the place... This is one thing I will never get about antis. People will never get that criminals don't follow laws. That's such an obvious statement that its pathetic. Its like saying a mother is a woman with a child. Its the definition!

Last edited:

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Because criminals check the door for no guns allowed signs before entering to shoot up the place... This is one thing I will never get about antis. People will never get that criminals don't follow laws. That's such an obvious statement that its pathetic. Its like saying a mother is a woman with a child. Its the definition!

Yeah, yeah, I know all that pal and that's good that you know that too, but not my point at all. My point is the bogus rhetoric they use. I would imagine that the number of "automatic" handguns that lawful gun owners bring into Starbucks is probably nil. They're might be 1 or 2 millionaires that have Glock 18's, but most of us carry semi-autos and revolvers. Also; the assault rifles comment. An assault rifle falls under NFA laws. I doubt that there are gun owners who regularly bring rifles in at Starbucks, much less an NFA assault rifle.

BTW: Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I think you could make an argument that a company should support Constitutional rights as such but from a business perspective I've always thought it foolish for a business to get into political issues. You always offend somebody when you do and that's not what a good business should do.

Exactly. Starbucks doesn't care to get involved in the debate one way or the other. Being that they will be dragged into it anyway, simply going by state law is noncontroversial as it's going to get.

The hoplophobes are just upset that they can't get state law in line with their desires, and they can't get a big chain like Starbucks to openly (har har) endorse their agenda.

Rev tone92

Yeah, yeah, I know all that pal and that's good that you know that too, but not my point at all. My point is the bogus rhetoric they use. I would imagine that the number of "automatic" handguns that lawful gun owners bring into Starbucks is probably nil. They're might be 1 or 2 millionaires that have Glock 18's, but most of us carry semi-autos and revolvers. Also; the assault rifles comment. An assault rifle falls under NFA laws. I doubt that there are gun owners who regularly bring rifles in at Starbucks, much less an NFA assault rifle.

BTW: Welcome to the forum!

Didn't mean to come off starkly. Sorry if I did it just upsets me how blind people are. I guess because my own mother is one of this people but hey cant change the close minded.

As I stated earlier me and my lady friend will both be patronizing starbicks on valentines day. Both OCing of course. Would be interesting if I run into any other OCers.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Our economic lever cannot be overcome because we outnumber the NRA’s “extremist” faction by minimally 50 to 1. To establish the economic lever, NGAC will initiate targeted boycotts

Hoh hoh hoh! Belly laugh there.

How's that working out for you?

Seriously, the anti-gun crowd are to politics what trolls are to the internet.