• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I love Guns and Coffee counter Protest 2-14-12 at a Starbucks near you!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
ngac website said:
http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/2011/12/your-increasing-risk/

why will the starbucks’ boycott be successful?
the primary reason is that we have the capacity to seriously hurt starbucks financially. Facts: In 2009, starbucks’ financials showed its profit before tax, from all activities, was $562 million. I am one individual and have stopped spending the $8 per week ($400 per year) i was spending at starbucks.
if 10% of the 14 million gun victims, gun assault survivors and their supporters reduce their spending by $8 per week—$400 per year—starbucks’ revenue loss will be $560 million (1,400,000 people not spending $400 per year)… and this does not include any of the 100 million people that polls consistently show want sane gun laws. (note spending can be reduced by not going to starbucks stores and/or not buying starbucks products sold in supermarkets and other retail outlets—such as their via instant coffee or ice creams.)

ngac’s boycott will cause starbucks’ stock price to fall significantly,
credit lines will be affected and mass selling of starbucks stock by institutions, mutual funds and other shareholders will occur; their stock price will collapse. Our potential impact is so significant starbucks would be pressured by stock analysts, institutions, mutual funds and other shareholders, as well as by the ceos of license partners, like barnes & noble, to end the boycott before it begins.
however, if starbucks needs to find out whether gun victims, gun assault survivors, their families—people permanently devastated, longing for empowerment and repulsed at starbucks promoting the pro-gun agenda—will participate and stay the course, they are welcome to find out. Our goal is for starbucks to change their gun policy and become a passionate advocate for sane gun laws. By doing so, starbucks will generate enormous good will from millions of people who want sane gun laws. This means new customers and new sales.
lol

Rev tone92

I never thought that for a second. You're fine, just fine. Glad to have you on board.

Glad to be here! Looking forward to being a part of it. As for the topic at hand. Just talked to my lady friend and she planned on going to Starbucks (OCing of couse) on VT day anyway before we headed out to do what we planned so this works out great! :D

PistolPackingMomma

Originally Posted by ngac website
http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/201...creasing-risk/

the primary reason is that we have the capacity to seriously hurt starbucks financially...

"If we don't like how you choose to run your own business, we're going to hurt you! Nyah nyah nyaah!"

however, if starbucks needs to find out whether gun victims, gun assault survivors, their families—people permanently devastated, longing for empowerment and repulsed at starbucks promoting the pro-gun agenda—will participate and stay the course, they are welcome to find out. Our goal is for starbucks to change their gun policy and become a passionate advocate for sane gun laws. By doing so, starbucks will generate enormous good will from millions of people who want sane gun laws. This means new customers and new sales.

Choosing to be a victim is their idea of empowerment? Uhhh huhhhh :uhoh:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Choosing to be a victim is their idea of empowerment? Uhhh huhhhh :uhoh:

Oh me oh my, my life was ruined by guns! I am a gun victim! I feel so powerless. I know.... I'll pass a law. Then I'll really be empowered!

Empowered to be ineffectual.

Does anybody have any evidence that these guys are for real? If it were any other issue, I'd have called "troll" definitively long ago.

This stuff is just too hilarious to be for real. It's like The Onion making fun of the Brady Bunch.

Last edited:

Sheriff

Geese, with that approach I'm surprised we even have gun rights left. Give me an address and I'll send you a gift certificate for a cup.:banghead:

I was obviously joking around.

You will NEVER find another person as pro-gun as myself.

As a matter of fact, if you ask me who should be banned from carrying firearms where I live, I would answer with "the cops!" They shoot themselves
at the range nowadays. Even the criminals around here don't do this!

Baked on Grease

In 24 hours our support for starbucks on the Facebook event ed has made is up to over 1337 confirmed going, with 10,000 more invited so far. I checked the Anti's web page (National Gun Victims) and they have a total of 116 people.

I love you guys!

Sent using tapatalk

Patriot2A

Does anyone in the Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, Culpeper area want to meet up? I can travel to any of those three places. And I just got a new serpa level II retention holster that needs to find a day out.

JesterP99

Well, I plan on going. I think it is pretty stupid that these anti-gun nuts think that open-carry and conceal-carry cause more gun violence. If our country ever gets to be the same way as England, I might just go out back and shoot myself -oh wait, I won't have a gun, darn it.

When I was in 11th grade, I did a research paper on why we should have guns, found out that England's crime rate is actually higher due to the fact that the law abiding citizens don't have guns but the criminals do. It is that plain and simple.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Originally Posted by ngac website
http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/201...creasing-risk/

the primary reason is that we have the capacity to seriously hurt starbucks financially. Facts: In 2009, starbucks’ financials showed its profit before tax, from all activities, was $562 million. I am one individual and have stopped spending the $8 per week ($400 per year) i was spending at starbucks.
if 10% of the 14 million gun victims, gun assault survivors and their supporters reduce their spending by $8 per week—$400 per year—starbucks’ revenue loss will be $560 million (1,400,000 people not spending $400 per year)… and this does not include any of the 100 million people that polls consistently show want sane gun laws. (note spending can be reduced by not going to starbucks stores and/or not buying starbucks products sold in supermarkets and other retail outlets—such as their via instant coffee or ice creams.)

ngac’s boycott will cause starbucks’ stock price to fall significantly, credit lines will be affected and mass selling of starbucks stock by institutions, mutual funds and other shareholders will occur; their stock price will collapse. Our potential impact is so significant starbucks would be pressured by stock analysts, institutions, mutual funds and other shareholders, as well as by the ceos of license partners, like barnes & noble, to end the boycott before it begins.

Oh my gosh. I don't want to marginalize anyone with psychiatric disorders, but how do they expect ANYONE to give them an ounce of credibility. Oh boy, I have never felt sorry for an anti until right now.

TFred

Does anyone in the Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, Culpeper area want to meet up? I can travel to any of those three places. And I just got a new serpa level II retention holster that needs to find a day out.
We had an OC dinner in Culpeper a couple weeks ago. First one in this general area between central and northern Virginia. Well attended. User set it up, and I expect he will do another one sometime.

TFred

va_tazdad

Not a problem at my Starbucks

Well, I plan on going. I think it is pretty stupid that these anti-gun nuts think that open-carry and conceal-carry cause more gun violence. If our country ever gets to be the same way as England, I might just go out back and shoot myself -oh wait, I won't have a gun, darn it.

When I was in 11th grade, I did a research paper on why we should have guns, found out that England's crime rate is actually higher due to the fact that the law abiding citizens don't have guns but the criminals do. It is that plain and simple.

Let's hope that never happens in America.

OC or CC has never been a problem at the OxBridge store for me. I am in there a number of times each week to the point that they know what I usually want.

I will be sure to spend extra time there on the 14th and OC.