Thread: Constitutional Carry in the Old Dominion

Constitutional Carry in the Old Dominion

This just recently appeared on the GOA site

http://gunowners.org/sa012312.htm

Monday, 23 January 2012 21:55 Written by John Velleco

Constitutional Carry in the Old Dominion

Virginia Delegate Mark Cole (R-District 88) is the lead sponsor of legislation to eliminate a requirement that gun owners must have a government permit to carry a concealed firearm.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Good article but.

Is anyone pushing this with their legislators?

I spent several hours yesterday discussing our bills (OV's) plugging some gun bills and trying to keep quiet about VCDL's support for the dangerous P4P bills.....and ******* off the Capital Police

NOT ONE SINGLE LEGISLATOR or their legislative assistant (which are the real power) has heard of or read this bill except one who said "It's not going to fly". That person heard of it because I brought it up to them before the session started.

If you want this to get in the Q for consideration, you might want to consider at least an email to your Representative.

It's currently in the Militia, Police and Public Safety Committee, Lingamfelter is the chair. Does the chair decide if and when a bill is considered by the committee?

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    It's currently in the Militia, Police and Public Safety Committee, Lingamfelter is the chair. Does the chair decide if and when a bill is considered by the committee?

TFred
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Good article but.

Is anyone pushing this with their legislators?

I spent several hours yesterday discussing our bills (OV's) plugging some gun bills and trying to keep quiet about VCDL's support for the dangerous P4P bills.....and ******* off the Capital Police

NOT ONE SINGLE LEGISLATOR or their legislative assistant (which are the real power) has heard of or read this bill except one who said "It's not going to fly". That person heard of it because I brought it up to them before the session started.

If you want this to get in the Q for consideration, you might want to consider at least an email to your Representative.
    I know I am.
    I've called, wrote, emailed and visited my Delegate about this and all the other bills I support. I'm urging others to contact their legislator over @ VAGT.
    I've contacted the sponsors of the bills I support to thank them.
    I've also contacted sponsors of bills I oppose and ask that the withdraw them and point out the reasons why.
    Last edited by Marco; 01-24-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

UGH, i thought this thread was "Constitutional Carry AT Old Dominion <University>"

I was excited for a second....

Barton Hinkle takes a swipe at Cole

Hinkle: Do we need a law to make people think?
    "I think people should make informed choices, and I think this bill would accomplish that." So said Del. Mark Cole the other day about his bill to force anyone seeking a firearm or concealed-carry permit in Virginia to look at autopsy pictures of shooting victims.

Autopsy pictures of gunshot wounds aren't pretty, especially those of head shots. But maybe looking at a few would make some of the more thoughtless, irresponsible gun buyers think about the potential consequences of their actions.
    You can read the rest for yourself.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post

Informed choices he wants - OK.

If you aren't prepared to defend yourself and your loved ones, this is what you may look like.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by grapeshot View Post
    informed choices he wants - ok.

If you aren't prepared to defend yourself and your loved ones, this is what you may look like.
    this!
    “For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post

That is one pathetic OpEd. They didn't even get the bill number right.

TFred

In forty years of Emergency Medical Services, I've seen plenty of GSW's. Thats another reason I carry!