• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry in the Old Dominion

Midwest

This just recently appeared on the GOA site

http://gunowners.org/sa012312.htm

Monday, 23 January 2012 21:55 Written by John Velleco

Constitutional Carry in the Old Dominion

Virginia Delegate Mark Cole (R-District 88) is the lead sponsor of legislation to eliminate a requirement that gun owners must have a government permit to carry a concealed firearm.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Good article but.

Is anyone pushing this with their legislators?

I spent several hours yesterday discussing our bills (OV's) plugging some gun bills and trying to keep quiet about VCDL's support for the dangerous P4P bills.....and ******* off the Capital Police:lol:

NOT ONE SINGLE LEGISLATOR or their legislative assistant (which are the real power) has heard of or read this bill except one who said "It's not going to fly". That person heard of it because I brought it up to them before the session started.

If you want this to get in the Q for consideration, you might want to consider at least an email to your Representative.

Marco

Good article but.

Is anyone pushing this with their legislators?

I spent several hours yesterday discussing our bills (OV's) plugging some gun bills and trying to keep quiet about VCDL's support for the dangerous P4P bills.....and ******* off the Capital Police:lol:

NOT ONE SINGLE LEGISLATOR or their legislative assistant (which are the real power) has heard of or read this bill except one who said "It's not going to fly". That person heard of it because I brought it up to them before the session started.

If you want this to get in the Q for consideration, you might want to consider at least an email to your Representative.

I know I am.
I've called, wrote, emailed and visited my Delegate about this and all the other bills I support. I'm urging others to contact their legislator over @ VAGT.
I've contacted the sponsors of the bills I support to thank them.
I've also contacted sponsors of bills I oppose and ask that the withdraw them and point out the reasons why.

Last edited:

DJEEPER

UGH, i thought this thread was "Constitutional Carry AT Old Dominion <University>"

:mad: :( I was excited for a second....

Repeater

Barton Hinkle takes a swipe at Cole

Hinkle: Do we need a law to make people think?
"I think people should make informed choices, and I think this bill would accomplish that." So said Del. Mark Cole the other day about his bill to force anyone seeking a firearm or concealed-carry permit in Virginia to look at autopsy pictures of shooting victims.

Autopsy pictures of gunshot wounds aren't pretty, especially those of head shots. But maybe looking at a few would make some of the more thoughtless, irresponsible gun buyers think about the potential consequences of their actions.

You can read the rest for yourself.