Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2a "Protests" and Starbucks

2a "Protests" and Starbucks

We might want to get together and support "Star Bucks" at selected locations for this day!

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/23/420...y-prompts.html
    Last edited by mspgunner; 01-24-2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: correction
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

How about it Independence and surrounding area? I say we get together across from the Independence mall? What do you think?

Ugh, that article disgusted me. I'm there. Name the time and place, let's make a good meet up out of this.
    "Before all else, be armed." -Nicolo Machiavelli

I'm game for getting together at a Starbuck's for a frappicino!

Thanks Starbuck's!

STL area, any favorite Starbucks where OC is OK?
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Count me in. I am wearing TWO sidearms and bringing my AR. Maybe strap on a big knife
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'd be happy to meet up with others in the St Louis area to support Starbucks through this "protest".

In Springfield I will be dropping in on the location at: 3628 S. Campbell Ave.

Probably around 11:30 or 4:30 depending on whether anyone else is interested in joining me.

I will be sure to get a latte on V-Day at Starbucks. However I will have to be unarmed, being from Illinois.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    STL area, any favorite Starbucks where OC is OK?
    There's a Starbucks like 200 yards from where I work. I've never OC'd there, but it's within Ofallon city limits, so OC is legal.

I'd be down to meet there. Although I hate coffee, they have some damn good hot chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus97 View Post
    I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'd be happy to meet up with others in the St Louis area to support Starbucks through this "protest".
    I don't drink coffee either, but it's the thing to do.. They have smoothies!

Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    There's a Starbucks like 200 yards from where I work. I've never OC'd there, but it's within Ofallon city limits, so OC is legal.

I'd be down to meet there. Although I hate coffee, they have some damn good hot chocolate.
    Do you have an address? Directions from STL CO.?

This might work?

There is always the one on Lindbergh - Ladue as a possibility also, we've been there no problems and the LEOs who cruised by were OK too!

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Do you have an address? Directions from STL CO.?

This might work?

There is always the one on Lindbergh - Ladue as a possibility also, we've been there no problems and the LEOs who cruised by were OK too!

Thoughts?
    Addy/Phone number directly from the website:

4581 Highway K
    O'Fallon, MO 63368-8686
    636-329-0251

Directions: take 40/64 west to Highway K. Go north on K about 1 mile (probably less, it's close). Starbucks is on the left, next door to Kitaro Bistro. For landmarks you know, Marc, it's probably a quarter mile south of Culpeppers, on the same side of the road.

I'll probably have to work that day, so I couldn't make the Ladue location on my lunch break, but I certainly won't hold it against people if they go there!
    Last edited by Oramac; 01-25-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Oramac View Post
    I'll probably have to work that day, so I couldn't make the Ladue location on my lunch break, but I certainly won't hold it against people if they go there!
    Ouch, you are right, it is a freakin Tuesday! I will have to work as well.

Not possible for me to make the trip to the Ofallon location on a lunch break at all, about 40 miles away! I can however make an evening meet at the ofallon one. Buzz right down 94 to Spiro's lol and feed my lady on white linen for a treat!

Can't really make it much before 6 or 7pm though.

I think we may need to do it at several locations across the metro area as it is a weekday and folks can only get so far not to mention must pay attention to the ladies.

gunner, this is not far from the Chevy's location in Ofallon either.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    Ouch, you are right, it is a freakin Tuesday! I will have to work as well.

Not possible for me to make the trip to the Ofallon location on a lunch break at all, about 40 miles away! I can however make an evening meet at the ofallon one. Buzz right down 94 to Spiro's lol and feed my lady on white linen for a treat!

Can't really make it much before 6 or 7pm though.

I think we may need to do it at several locations across the metro area as it is a weekday and folks can only get so far not to mention must pay attention to the ladies.

gunner, this is not far from the Chevy's location in Ofallon either.
    Well Ofallon is not far for me at all..... The Star Buck's there is do - able for me as we thing about 7:00Pm ot so.
    I also work days and lunch... that's a joke where I work.

The O'Fallon Star Bucks is a good idea here!

We're going to the Washington, MO Starbucks (inside Target). Not decided on a time as we to have to work the 14th but will make it that evening. Anyone interested post or PM me and we will all pick a time that works...

John III
    Freedom is not free...!

We need to find a Starbucks that will have anti 2A protesters in an OC OK city and meet there.

Those that are lucky enough to have a Starbucks within a reasonable driving distance might consider going to your bank to pick up some $2.00 bills to pay for your purchases on Feb 14 and mention that they represent support for the 2nd amendment.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...cks-on-feb-14/

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Those that are lucky enough to have a Starbucks within a reasonable driving distance might consider going to your bank to pick up some $2.00 bills to pay for your purchases on Feb 14 and mention that they represent support for the 2nd amendment.

I love this!
    "Before all else, be armed." -Nicolo Machiavelli

That's a damn good idea! Although I can say that a lot of retail chains hate 2 dollar bills, as they are very uncommon and tend to make balancing a cash drawer a pain.

@mspgunner: would it be wise for me to contact the Starbucks management beforehand, or should we just show up that day?

Excellent idea!

in the early seventies while at a military base in southern MS where the town's kind ppl and law enforcement 'abused' the military members when they visited the town's businesses and drinking establishment. (remember, the conflict was going on and not everyone supported the military's actions like they do today)

to head off a real confrontation between military members and town ppl, the base commander ordered all military personnel to cash their checks on base and each military member (e1-07) was given their pay in 2 dollar bills.

several weeks later the base commander was at a town council meeting w/invited community business leaders and casually asked if they noticed an influx of 2 dollar bills...the town council stated they had...the base commander then stood up and told the council what he had done and then stated for all to hear...this money is coming from my base's population and if you do not lighten up and turn down the town's rethoric against his military members he would put the town 'off limits' for the entire military population.

moral...point out where the money comes from and most businesses get the point real quick and change their behaviour(s) towards their paying customers...

wabbit

ps: thanks for reviving that pleasurable mem...and suggest everyone get their 2 dollar bills from their banks to use in daily commerce...
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 01-26-2012 at 11:23 AM.

2 dollar bills it is then!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    We need to find a Starbucks that will have anti 2A protesters in an OC OK city and meet there.
    We won't know this till if and when they do this!

I don't have the time to check out all of the star Bucks in the area ti find out.

O'Fallon sounds good to me, heck where you live, and it is OC friendly, I would think there is a good chance it would be an anti-2A place, just because of where it is?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast