• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2a "Protests" and Starbucks

Oramac

Those that are lucky enough to have a Starbucks within a reasonable driving distance might consider going to your bank to pick up some $2.00 bills to pay for your purchases on Feb 14 and mention that they represent support for the 2nd amendment.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...should-spend-a-2-bill-at-starbucks-on-feb-14/

That's a damn good idea! Although I can say that a lot of retail chains hate 2 dollar bills, as they are very uncommon and tend to make balancing a cash drawer a pain.

@mspgunner: would it be wise for me to contact the Starbucks management beforehand, or should we just show up that day?

ncwabbit

in the early seventies while at a military base in southern MS where the town's kind ppl and law enforcement 'abused' the military members when they visited the town's businesses and drinking establishment. (remember, the conflict was going on and not everyone supported the military's actions like they do today)

to head off a real confrontation between military members and town ppl, the base commander ordered all military personnel to cash their checks on base and each military member (e1-07) was given their pay in 2 dollar bills.

several weeks later the base commander was at a town council meeting w/invited community business leaders and casually asked if they noticed an influx of 2 dollar bills...the town council stated they had...the base commander then stood up and told the council what he had done and then stated for all to hear...this money is coming from my base's population and if you do not lighten up and turn down the town's rethoric against his military members he would put the town 'off limits' for the entire military population.

moral...point out where the money comes from and most businesses get the point real quick and change their behaviour(s) towards their paying customers...

wabbit

ps: thanks for reviving that pleasurable mem...and suggest everyone get their 2 dollar bills from their banks to use in daily commerce...

Last edited:

mspgunner

We need to find a Starbucks that will have anti 2A protesters in an OC OK city and meet there.

We won't know this till if and when they do this!

I don't have the time to check out all of the star Bucks in the area ti find out.

O'Fallon sounds good to me, heck where you live, and it is OC friendly, I would think there is a good chance it would be an anti-2A place, just because of where it is?

HighFlyingA380

Apparently nobody read my suggestion to do this for the KC meet. I have class at 11 on Tuesday, so after 1 or so I'm open all day. I'm in Warrensburg (not lucky enough to have Sbux), but I'm willing to drive to Sedalia, Independence, Lee's Summit. Hell, maybe even hit up Independence and Lee's Summit. Either way, I'll be at one of 'em, just would like to have some company.

NG19

Apparently nobody read my suggestion to do this for the KC meet. I have class at 11 on Tuesday, so after 1 or so I'm open all day. I'm in Warrensburg (not lucky enough to have Sbux), but I'm willing to drive to Sedalia, Independence, Lee's Summit. Hell, maybe even hit up Independence and Lee's Summit. Either way, I'll be at one of 'em, just would like to have some company.

I'd go but I have day and night classes on Tuesday. If only it was Thursday.

Oramac

I just found out I have a half-day (off at ~11:30A) at work on the 14th. Woot! So I can make it to most any location. I'm still down for the OFallon location as well though. Haven't talked to anyone there yet though. Not sure if it'd be wise to talk to them beforehand or not.

Five years ago, I'd definitely go with you. Sadly, I'm nowhere near the Burg anymore. Best of luck to you though!

mspgunner

I just found out I have a half-day (off at ~11:30A) at work on the 14th. Woot! So I can make it to most any location. I'm still down for the OFallon location as well though. Haven't talked to anyone there yet though. Not sure if it'd be wise to talk to them beforehand or not.

Five years ago, I'd definitely go with you. Sadly, I'm nowhere near the Burg anymore. Best of luck to you though!

O'Fallon sounds good here!
Starbucks "official" corporate policy is to abide by local laws.
should be no problem!

4581 Highway K
O'Fallon, Mo.

Last edited:

Tony4310

I OC at the Hazelwood starbucks all the time. Been to the Florissant one with no problems either. I'll probably stay around here for it, not sure yet.

mspgunner

I OC at the Hazelwood starbucks all the time. Been to the Florissant one with no problems either. I'll probably stay around here for it, not sure yet.

I understand Tony. O'Fallon is a 15 min ride for me... Hazelwood would be over an hour. Some of our 2A friends live in the STL area are all in different directions..... (N.S.E.W.)

Redbaron007

I will patronize their establishment, again, on Feb 14.

I usually go to the one on S Campbell, here in Springfield. Not too sure of the time I will be there, but sometime throughout the day, I will be there!

Oramac

I want to go ahead and propose a solid date/time and see where we stand.

For those close enough, I'd say meet at 6:30pm at the Starbucks at 4581 Highway K, O'Fallon, Mo. 63368.

Anyone have any thoughts/comments?

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I want to go ahead and propose a solid date/time and see where we stand.

For those close enough, I'd say meet at noon at the Starbucks at 4581 Highway K, O'Fallon, Mo. 63368.

Anyone have any thoughts/comments?

Noon on a Tuesday is impossible for me. I will indeed have to make it an evening event in order to participate at any level, gainfull employment dictates as much and I need to keep da job!

Oramac

Noon on a Tuesday is impossible for me. I will indeed have to make it an evening event in order to participate at any level, gainfull employment dictates as much and I need to keep da job!

I understand! So let's push it to say, 6:30? Same place?

I'll edit my above post to reflect this and any other changes too.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Works for me on a strong maybe, must seek peace with the lovely maiden FIRST, then will confirm.

G30Mike

Ugh, that article disgusted me. I'm there. Name the time and place, let's make a good meet up out of this.

Lets get all our St. Joe folks rounded up. I think we should hit the Starbucks there on Faroan. Confirm a time and I'm there. Looks like I'm good for anytime. Ill bring the sister, the gilfriend and the boy.