• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unacceptable YouTube comment by 'OpenCarryMissouri'

HighFlyingA380

YouTube username 'OpenCarryMissouri' posted a comment in response to a VIDEO allegedly depicting corrupt officers, saying, "They [alleged thugs] should have jumped those cops. There was way more of them than the cops." As we know, this is extremely similar to the INCIDENT which caused the revocation of our OC rights in much of the St. Louis area. I know from discussions that the vast majority of us are absolutely appalled by the comment Brett Darrow (the subject of the original incident). I am creating this post to make it clear to 'outsiders' (for lack of a better term, not derogatory in any way) that this is the flawed opinion of one individual, and NOT the view/message that the rest of the open carry community is attempting to broadcast.

Note #1: Please realize that I am not objecting to the fact that this user has the right to speak their mind and say what they personally believes. I am ABSOLUTELY in favor of exercising their 1st amendment rights, and I hope you will respect my right in creating this post doing the same. Since the username 'OpenCarryMissouri' may appear to 'outsiders' that this is an official stance held by a group. I want to make it clear that it is not, and is the opinion of one person.

Note #2: I read and re-read the forum rules before posting, and am confident I do not violate any of them:

"FORUM RULES
(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!
(9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior."

G30Mike

Well lemme see, if I call him an idiot for being an idiot and potentially making the whole OC community look like a holes then I believe I haven't violated any rules either. Completely unacceptable!

09jisaac

So who is this thread for? Do you think it matters much to the antis what you just posted? The comment has been made and been made public, thats all they want and that is all they need.

GuidoZ

Yes, It's possible, but there are also videos that user posted showing them OCing. That user has also been brought up in discussion with other OCers, and I guess they have met this person.
Makes sense then. I didn't check out their other comments or anything. I've just seen that kind of behavior I mentioned before. Either way, it's inappropriate regardless what side they are on.

--
Peace. ~G

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I wouldn't get too worked up. Those comments are 10 months old. At this point, that was the flawed opinion of one individual.

On the other side of the coin, by referencing his username in the OP, a google search of that username will get a return back to this thread. So, if anybody goes looking, there is a fair chance they will see this thread.

Also, any OCers who are registered on YouTube, could just add another comment below that video disavowing the objectionable comment.

Last edited:

09jisaac

I don't really think that too many antis care about what you and I have to say. You get one crazy person on a shooting spree and they're after the millions of legally owned guns. You see my point?