Thread: Anybody have any updates?

Anybody have any updates?

Have there been any updates on Peruta v. San Diego or if this court case will force the state into a "shall issue" state? I would imagine it will be come even more relevant if all open carry is outlawed in Ca. Or if anybody has any updates at all regarding OC or CCW I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

I have been tracking CA updates from here: http://californiarighttocarry.org/

A little down the page they have press releases.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by jim8588 View Post
    Have there been any updates on Peruta v. San Diego or if this court case will force the state into a "shall issue" state? I would imagine it will be come even more relevant if all open carry is outlawed in Ca. Or if anybody has any updates at all regarding OC or CCW I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance.
    There isnt any 'new' news on Peruta, or Richards just yet. If you want accurate information on status of any pending relevant court cases you can get it here... http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Li...st_and_Present

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    I have been tracking CA updates from here: http://californiafrighttocarry.org/

A little down the page they have press releases.
    While there are 'articles' there these are all written by Charles Nichols who has taken it upon himself to file suit in a jurisdiction that is not likely to rule favorably and at a time where we do not enjoy a fully fleshed out right to 'carry' in California. I, and many others do not support this move at this time and I am suspicious of the motives in this particular fundraising campaign. Mr. Nichols himself has indicated to the press that counsel is working on his case pro bono, while at the same time anyone reading his filing can see that he filed pro-per. If either were true- he would either have no need to for others to fund his litigation or is relying solely upon the generosity of strangers to fund what he should have been prepared to pay for out of his own pocket, before filing a suit that he had no financial ability to propel to its conclusion.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    There isnt any 'new' news on Peruta, or Richards just yet. If you want accurate information on status of any pending relevant court cases you can get it here... http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Li...st_and_Present

While there are 'articles' there these are all written by Charles Nichols who has taken it upon himself to file suit in a jurisdiction that is not likely to rule favorably and at a time where we do not enjoy a fully fleshed out right to 'carry' in California. I, and many others do not support this move at this time and I am suspicious of the motives in this particular fundraising campaign. Mr. Nichols himself has indicated to the press that counsel is working on his case pro bono, while at the same time anyone reading his filing can see that he filed pro-per. If either were true- he would either have no need to for others to fund his litigation or is relying solely upon the generosity of strangers to fund what he should have been prepared to pay for out of his own pocket, before filing a suit that he had no financial ability to propel to its conclusion.
    It has been stayed pending Nordyke.
    Last edited by Gundude; 01-25-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    I thought something was odd when I read it and saw pro-per. Thanks for information.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Please note that Charles Nicols is not involved in the Peruta case.
    Last edited by Gundude; 01-25-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Misspelled Peruta
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.