• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody have any updates?

jim8588

Have there been any updates on Peruta v. San Diego or if this court case will force the state into a "shall issue" state? I would imagine it will be come even more relevant if all open carry is outlawed in Ca. Or if anybody has any updates at all regarding OC or CCW I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Have there been any updates on Peruta v. San Diego or if this court case will force the state into a "shall issue" state? I would imagine it will be come even more relevant if all open carry is outlawed in Ca. Or if anybody has any updates at all regarding OC or CCW I'd love to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

There isnt any 'new' news on Peruta, or Richards just yet. If you want accurate information on status of any pending relevant court cases you can get it here... http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Litigation_Past_and_Present

I have been tracking CA updates from here: http://californiafrighttocarry.org/

A little down the page they have press releases.

While there are 'articles' there these are all written by Charles Nichols who has taken it upon himself to file suit in a jurisdiction that is not likely to rule favorably and at a time where we do not enjoy a fully fleshed out right to 'carry' in California. I, and many others do not support this move at this time and I am suspicious of the motives in this particular fundraising campaign. Mr. Nichols himself has indicated to the press that counsel is working on his case pro bono, while at the same time anyone reading his filing can see that he filed pro-per. If either were true- he would either have no need to for others to fund his litigation or is relying solely upon the generosity of strangers to fund what he should have been prepared to pay for out of his own pocket, before filing a suit that he had no financial ability to propel to its conclusion.

Gundude

There isnt any 'new' news on Peruta, or Richards just yet. If you want accurate information on status of any pending relevant court cases you can get it here... http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Litigation_Past_and_Present

While there are 'articles' there these are all written by Charles Nichols who has taken it upon himself to file suit in a jurisdiction that is not likely to rule favorably and at a time where we do not enjoy a fully fleshed out right to 'carry' in California. I, and many others do not support this move at this time and I am suspicious of the motives in this particular fundraising campaign. Mr. Nichols himself has indicated to the press that counsel is working on his case pro bono, while at the same time anyone reading his filing can see that he filed pro-per. If either were true- he would either have no need to for others to fund his litigation or is relying solely upon the generosity of strangers to fund what he should have been prepared to pay for out of his own pocket, before filing a suit that he had no financial ability to propel to its conclusion.

It has been stayed pending Nordyke.

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran

I thought something was odd when I read it and saw pro-per. Thanks for information.