Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: starbucks anyone?

starbucks anyone?

The anti`s are planning a nationwide boycott on Valentines day this year

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...137890863.html

I remember reading about a similar boycott years ago before I was old enough to open carry. There are so many things wrong with this article I'm not even going to get into it. lol. I sure wish I wasn't at school and could be carrying on the 14th!

Be sure and carry an extra pistol for me!

Who is this group, National Gun Victim's Action Council? I can't find anything on them other than their own pages on the web. They talk big, but is there any idea what kind of turnout we can expect from them. On a side note, do we know how they are organizing this and which Starbucks locations they'll be visiting? Since there's literally one on every street corner, I'd assume they can't hit them all.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

I plan on riding the bike to Idaho Springs Starbucks while open carrying that day to do my little part to anti-boycott.

I'll be visiting a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by manveru View Post
    The anti`s are planning a nationwide boycott on Valentines day this year

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...137890863.html
    I will be helping with the BUYcott. paying with two $ bills.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ebruary-13-15/

Colo Sprgs OC Meet with $2 Bills to be spent at Starbucks!!!

I'm in.

In fact, I will be at the Starbucks on the SE corner of Garden of the God's Road and Centennial, 1 mile west of I-25 here in Colorado Springs, at 12:00 Noon, on Tuesday, February 14, 2012.

I will have my camera in hand if anyone would like to be there. I might even arrange for some local press, but only if there will (confirmed) be three or more of us there.

It's in the West End shopping center. As you're nearing Centennial, get in the left lane, and when you see the West End sign on the south side of Garden of the Gods Rd., make a left, just before the sign. It's about a block before the light.

If you miss it, turn left (South) on Centennial at the light, then make your first left into the shopping center and backtrack to Starbucks.
    Last edited by since9; 01-26-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I might even arrange for some local press, but only if there will (confirmed) be three or more of us there.
    Not a bad idea, that.

I might even arrange for some local press, but only if there will (confirmed) be three or more of us there.
    It can't be me for this one. I will be in class at that time, But I'm there in spirit.

Howdy Amigo!
    Depending on what my mentor has planned, I might make that trip down to the Springs.
    I enjoy visiting Colorado Springs, and usually seek out any excuse to drop on down there.
    No promises at this juncture, but I'll think on it and be there if I can see my way clear.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

I'm in.

In fact, I will be at the Starbucks on the SE corner of Garden of the God's Road and Centennial, 1 mile west of I-25 here in Colorado Springs, at 12:00 Noon, on Tuesday, February 14, 2012.

I will have my camera in hand if anyone would like to be there. I might even arrange for some local press, but only if there will (confirmed) be three or more of us there.

It's in the West End shopping center. As you're nearing Centennial, get in the left lane, and when you see the West End sign on the south side of Garden of the Gods Rd., make a left, just before the sign. It's about a block before the light.

If you miss it, turn left (South) on Centennial at the light, then make your first left into the shopping center and backtrack to Starbucks.

I'm organizing a similar event in Aurora in the morning on the 14th.

I am making up a press release as we speak, and a friend of mine is going to try to get Tom Tancredo to show up. We are talking with a local news channel about arranging for coverage.

I'll be at the Tanner gun show promoting this event tomorrow and Sunday as well. I'll have fliers and stuff.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I'm planning for the Starbucks on Illiff and Buckley, in the Buckley town center. 17200 E Iliff Ave in Aurora, Colorado. Probably would be early, like 7:00 AM because it's a workday for most people.

also, my website will be giving away free ammo to support this anti boycott. details will be available on my website on Feb. 1st.
    Last edited by bomber; 01-27-2012 at 02:00 PM.

I'll be there. Any cameras or press, I'll stay concealed (but be paying with $2s) -- I've had 5 of my 15 minutes of fame and that was enough.

Worst case is that works dumps on me [work wise -- so I can't drive from and to home] and I have to show up unarmed due to my workplace's anti-gun policy. Starbuck's will still get some $2s from me!

O2
    Last edited by O2HeN2; 01-27-2012 at 05:02 PM.

I'm in.

Count me as a maybe+. I'll do my best to make it.

Howdy Amigo!
    I expect I'll be able to make it there, and still catch up with the Colorado Springs group too!
    Nice to have Tuesdays off!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

I prefer to make my own, but for this occasion I'll be happy to drink from Starbucks and the one on Centennial is just downslope from my place anyway. I'm in (subject to being overcome by other events).
    Last edited by RockyMtnScotsman; 01-31-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Good to hear of the potential turn-out! Looking forward to seeing some old friends, making some new.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Looks like I talked a friend into coming too. Should be a decent turnout.

O2

Quote Originally Posted by O2HeN2 View Post
    Looks like I talked a friend into coming too. Should be a decent turnout.

O2
    I'll be supporting y'all from Boulder. Carry on!

I'll be firmly ensconced in a cubicle at that time, otherwise I'd be there. I do plan on hitting up Starbucks before or after work though. I'm also toying with the idea of writing a Thank You letter to Starbucks corporate for respecting our rights. Best of luck, boys.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

link to press release we sent to the local media outlets in Denver

http://www.gunsforeveryone.com/pro-g...rea-starbucks/

and to the contest that we are having related to the event

http://www.gunsforeveryone.com/occup...win-some-ammo/

I'll be visiting a couple up here in the high country. As an aside, do banks still carry $2 bills? If not, where are you planning on getting yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Brass View Post
    As an aside, do banks still carry $2 bills?
    They don't stock them, but call ahead and if they have them they'll set some aside for you. If they don't have any and you give them some warning, they'll accumulate some for you (use a bank that you have an account at).

I called my bank and they happened to have 10 on hand. [joke]Figure I'll sell them individually for a tidy profit at the get together.[/joke]

O2

Quote Originally Posted by Brass View Post
    I'll be visiting a couple up here in the high country. As an aside, do banks still carry $2 bills? If not, where are you planning on getting yours?
    I just stopped in at my local branch for another transaction, they happen to have about 30 of them on hand that day.

I'm in.

I'll do my best to try and make this one....but seeing as how I'm currently laid up in the hospital after an accident (not traffic related) I'm not sure if I'll be mobile. An OCer in a wheelchair might change some minds...
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by PikesPeakMtnMan View Post
    I'll do my best to try and make this one....but seeing as how I'm currently laid up in the hospital after an accident (not traffic related) I'm not sure if I'll be mobile. An OCer in a wheelchair might change some minds...
    ummm, I suggest a shoulder holster to go with the wheelchair as opposed to a hip holster...??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast