• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

starbucks anyone?

livetrapper13

I remember reading about a similar boycott years ago before I was old enough to open carry. There are so many things wrong with this article I'm not even going to get into it. lol. I sure wish I wasn't at school and could be carrying on the 14th!

Be sure and carry an extra pistol for me!

Polynikes

Who is this group, National Gun Victim's Action Council? I can't find anything on them other than their own pages on the web. They talk big, but is there any idea what kind of turnout we can expect from them. On a side note, do we know how they are organizing this and which Starbucks locations they'll be visiting? Since there's literally one on every street corner, I'd assume they can't hit them all.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Colo Sprgs OC Meet with $2 Bills to be spent at Starbucks!!!

I'm in.

In fact, I will be at the Starbucks on the SE corner of Garden of the God's Road and Centennial, 1 mile west of I-25 here in Colorado Springs, at 12:00 Noon, on Tuesday, February 14, 2012.

I will have my camera in hand if anyone would like to be there. I might even arrange for some local press, but only if there will (confirmed) be three or more of us there.

It's in the West End shopping center. As you're nearing Centennial, get in the left lane, and when you see the West End sign on the south side of Garden of the Gods Rd., make a left, just before the sign. It's about a block before the light.

If you miss it, turn left (South) on Centennial at the light, then make your first left into the shopping center and backtrack to Starbucks.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
Depending on what my mentor has planned, I might make that trip down to the Springs.
I enjoy visiting Colorado Springs, and usually seek out any excuse to drop on down there.
No promises at this juncture, but I'll think on it and be there if I can see my way clear.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

bomber

I'm in.

In fact, I will be at the Starbucks on the SE corner of Garden of the God's Road and Centennial, 1 mile west of I-25 here in Colorado Springs, at 12:00 Noon, on Tuesday, February 14, 2012.

I will have my camera in hand if anyone would like to be there. I might even arrange for some local press, but only if there will (confirmed) be three or more of us there.

It's in the West End shopping center. As you're nearing Centennial, get in the left lane, and when you see the West End sign on the south side of Garden of the Gods Rd., make a left, just before the sign. It's about a block before the light.

If you miss it, turn left (South) on Centennial at the light, then make your first left into the shopping center and backtrack to Starbucks.

I'm organizing a similar event in Aurora in the morning on the 14th.

I am making up a press release as we speak, and a friend of mine is going to try to get Tom Tancredo to show up. We are talking with a local news channel about arranging for coverage.

I'll be at the Tanner gun show promoting this event tomorrow and Sunday as well. I'll have fliers and stuff.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I'm planning for the Starbucks on Illiff and Buckley, in the Buckley town center. 17200 E Iliff Ave in Aurora, Colorado. Probably would be early, like 7:00 AM because it's a workday for most people.

also, my website will be giving away free ammo to support this anti boycott. details will be available on my website on Feb. 1st.

Last edited:

O2HeN2

I'll be there. Any cameras or press, I'll stay concealed (but be paying with $2s) -- I've had 5 of my 15 minutes of fame and that was enough. :)

Worst case is that works dumps on me [work wise -- so I can't drive from and to home] and I have to show up unarmed due to my workplace's anti-gun policy. Starbuck's will still get some $2s from me!

O2

Last edited:

Soonerfan

I'm in.

Count me as a maybe+. I'll do my best to make it.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
I expect I'll be able to make it there, and still catch up with the Colorado Springs group too!
Nice to have Tuesdays off!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

RockyMtnScotsman

I prefer to make my own, but for this occasion I'll be happy to drink from Starbucks and the one on Centennial is just downslope from my place anyway. I'm in (subject to being overcome by other events).

Last edited:

Polynikes

I'll be firmly ensconced in a cubicle at that time, otherwise I'd be there. I do plan on hitting up Starbucks before or after work though. I'm also toying with the idea of writing a Thank You letter to Starbucks corporate for respecting our rights. Best of luck, boys.