• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 1/28. 9:30 AM

speed41ae

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 1/28. 9:30 AM

River City Diner
Parham Rd & I-95.................. Get directions
803 East Parham Rd
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

Be there or be square!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Again?

We just had breakfast on Saturday last Saturday.

I guess an OCer's work is never done.

Who's bringing the updated PowerPoint on the current status of the bills?

stay safe.

scouser

save me a table and a high chair .. so long as we're not ill Logan and I should be there this weekend

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Can do and will do, but next week-end I'm eating at Pig n' Pay southside, off Midlothian. Need a change for a change.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry Guys, no barn building or breakfast.
I pushed it too far last week and am pretty close to blind today.

Jane and Zeus are driving me to Williamsburg and I'm going to try to get my levels normal for a change.

Thank heaven for Dragon Speak, the green box on cameras and open bore shotguns.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Jane and Zeus are driving me to Williamsburg and I'm going to try to get my levels normal for a change.

R & R is a good thing - sit back and let somebody else do it for a change.

scouser

i'll be there after blasting ducks again.

... I thought I was late getting there (not leaving home until after watching Liverpool beat Manchester United in the English FA Cup, so Logan & I are in a feel good mood today), so thank-you for arriving after me and not making me look quite so bad :lol:

Best line of the morning, discussing how to view the contents of a hard drive (names removed to avoid embarrassment, but they know who they were)

OCer 1: open my computer
OCer 2: huh?
OCer 1: click on the start button and ..
OCer 2: what's that?
OCer 1: what operating system do you have?
OCer 2: I dunno
OCer 1: have you got a kid in the house?

even had Logan laughing, although I think he was just copying everyone else

scouser

hopefully Zeus is doing the driving because I heard dogs are awful map readers :banana: Hope you're feeling better quickly Mr Nap

riverrat10k

So, my OC breakfast was after stripping off the waders.

My friend asked me bring his canoe full of decoys downstream to one of his other duck blinds. He said "pull over the first log downstream, then paddle around the next big tree on the right, then you can paddle to the other blind without a carry/drag."

So the first part went ok, but then I went left instead of right and ended up dragginng over three more deadfalls and leaving his boat on a small hummock well upstream of where he wanted it. I got back and he said "why didn't you take the channel by the stump?" I started laughing and said the whole place was nothing but channels and stumps! Hope he can get his boat out ok! Apparently I draggged it to a bad area, but I did walk out ok!

A dozen or more outdoorsmen and women dined on half a pig, venison, wild duck, a bushel of North Carolina oysters, and fresh striped bass.

Feel blessed sometimes for the bounty available this time of year.

See y'all soon.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When's your next dinner? 14th?

I'd like to try to make it, missed the last two.

Normally the Greater Richmond OC Dinner is held on the 2nd Tuesday each month; however, I see that the 14th is Valentines Day.

Will get a verdict and post soon - look for a stickied thread in the VA forum shortly.

va_tazdad

... I thought I was late getting there (not leaving home until after watching Liverpool beat Manchester United in the English FA Cup, so Logan & I are in a feel good mood today), so thank-you for arriving after me and not making me look quite so bad :lol:

Best line of the morning, discussing how to view the contents of a hard drive (names removed to avoid embarrassment, but they know who they were)

LOL Just be sure not to let him touch your computer or you might just spend an hour recovering it, and for God's sake DON'T EVER GIVE HIM A PAINT BRUSH !!!!!

67GT390FB

you know me always glad to help

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bob1

When's your next dinner? 14th?

I'd like to try to make it, missed the last two.

Normally the Greater Richmond OC Dinner is held on the 2nd Tuesday each month; however, I see that the 14th is Valentines Day.

Will get a verdict and post soon - look for a stickied thread in the VA forum shortly.

Have confirmation and will post new stickied thread today.

sidestreet

Evidently, Logan knows a good joke when he sees one...,

and I hope I'm always good for a laugh!!!

I do not know Computerese, I'm still waiting for "Computers for Complete Idiots" to come out, but I do manage to "get by" somehow, with tons of help from TONS (and I do mean TONS, although they do seem to be losing weight) of my friends, and Lord knows, I don't get to see them enough (for me, that is), maybe they've just had a lot of painting to do.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.