Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your opinions please

Your opinions please

This was posted in the Arfcom WI hometown forum.
    Picture was taken on I-43 near Mukwonago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36696.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	7808

Quote Originally Posted by Coop4570 View Post
    This was posted in the Arfcom WI hometown forum.
    Picture was taken on I-43 near Mukwonago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36696.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	7808

A few thoughts came to mind (by the way, I'll use "you" a few times in this post; I'm referring to the person in that car, not you personally):

1. Congratulations, dummy. You have just let criminals know where they can steal a quick and easy gun anytime you park somewhere and have to leave the gun in the car because the premises are off-limits to guns. Generally, the chances of breaking into a car and finding a gun are random and unpredictable; but, you just removed all doubt.

2. Congratulations, moron. You have just created a bad mental image of all persons with a CCW/CHP/CCP/CPL/etc. to anyone who looks at that photo. Heck, you even matched some people's stereotype of us permit holders (angry person who is just waiting to use his/her gun in a road rage incident).

3. Congratulations, idiot. You have demonstrated that you may eventually use your gun just becuase someone made you angry. Now, if you get involved in a borderline self-defense situation and the prosecutor finds this photo, you just lost any benefit-of-the-doubt or credibility you may have had.

In short: if the person who wrote that on their car is reading this, amend your ways now.
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Herr Heckler Koch
    When Blue-hair Bonavia accuses him of road ragin' and he is pulled by the cop, will he be armed or not? Who will be believed? You may beat the rap but you will not beat the ride.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Exclamation Photoshop Alert!

Looks like a bad Photoshop job to me. EPIC FAIL!
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Obvious photoshop job. The photo has had the trailer hitch testicles digitally removed!

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    I don't think so.

this is the original thread http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/47...F_Member_.html

in addition to the OP other members also confirm seeing this vehicle.

The thought occurs to me that this may not, in fact, be a gun owner or holder of a permit. Can you think of a better way for an anti to get the general population stirred up than something like this.

If, in fact, that person is both a gun owner and a permit holder, he/she is not the sort of person I would want anywhere near me or mine.

+1000

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    The thought occurs to me that this may not, in fact, be a gun owner or holder of a permit. Can you think of a better way for an anti to get the general population stirred up than something like this.

If, in fact, that person is both a gun owner and a permit holder, he/she is not the sort of person I would want anywhere near me or mine.

First thought... this is not a typical person who would obtain a permission slip to conceal carry.

Second though.... most likley ( if it is real) is a faction of the anti firearm lobby

Third thought... If this person really has a permit.. carries a firearm and uses it.... regardless if valid or not they will most likley be guilty of homicide....
    Last edited by Packfanatic; 01-24-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop4570 View Post
    I don't think so.

this is the original thread http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/47...F_Member_.html

in addition to the OP other members also confirm seeing this vehicle.
    Then maybe you can explain to us how it is that the truck is streaked and dirty but the lettering is clean?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Then maybe you can explain to us how it is that the truck is streaked and dirty but the lettering is clean?
    Hi davegran, I'm the original poster from Arfcom. The only editing performed was to remove the person's license plate number, and to resize it for upload. I'd be happy to supply someone the original files (multiple photos my wife took while I was driving) for review/confirmation.

Davegram, just thinks he knows it all.......like telling someone their original is a clear fake.... Davegram= FAIL
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Thumbs down

This person is of a type. They are probably insecure, so they want everybody to know how smart/tough/whatever they are. Other examples of this type include:

- there are 3 girls in my Krav Maga class who wear T-shirts saying "Be careful--I know Krav maga". They spend the entire class playing around and giggling. I seriously doubt they could actually employ Krav Maga in a situation that demanded it. But it's important for other people to be aware that they "know" Krav Maga and be suitably impressed.

- the Sporty's Pilot Shop catalog is full of stuff so that people can advertize that they are "FAA licensed pilots" to anyone they encounter

- concealed carry permit holder badges

- people who claim they were in some elite Special Forces unit

Bottom line: if you've got the skills, they speak for themselves. No need to advertize.

In this particular case, it's not just in poor taste, it's also impractical. What's the point of concealing if you're going to announce to everyone that you're doing it? This guy is basically an obnoxious OCer-by-proxy.

One last thought to stir the hornet's nest a little: Nascar24Glock's first point could arguably be applied to OCers as well as this loser.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Looks fake to me too.

That person is an idiot several ways from Sunday and if that's really their attitude about carrying I hope they're never around me. It might be interesting to do the |icense pl@te lookup & send a copy of that picture to the police &/or DA of their area.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 01-25-2012 at 04:04 AM. Reason: trying to foil ad words spam bot

Quote Originally Posted by cheezhed View Post
    Looks fake to me too.
    Like I said, if someone wants to send me a message with their e-mail address, I'd be happy to have someone else review the original. Or, if there are no issues with posting the guys license plate on a public forum, I can post as well.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by mainfr4me View Post
    Or, if there are no issues with posting the guys license plate on a public forum, I can post as well.
    What possible issue, from a public label? That's what it's for.

Now, if someone can get into a tag to name database, then I'll be impressed.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 01-25-2012 at 08:26 AM.

dumb idea

What is intelligence? The definition I like is that intelligence is "the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations ... also : the skilled use of reason". I have heard some people misuse the word smart to mean knowledgeable. That is like confusing velocity with distance. That one can lead to the other does not mean that they are the same thing.
    I.Q. = Intelligence Quotient
    Originally, "IQ" tests were created to be able to identify children who might need special education due to their retarded mental development. Should i continue.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Russia View Post
    What is intelligence? ... Should i continue.
    Absolutely, and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Absolutely, and remove all doubt.
    Or mabye im mistaken and all of us at oc forums should get our zombie im packing shirts. hahahaha no ty
    For this case it would read angry and packing stand back 100 feet like fire truck.
    Last edited by Russia; 01-25-2012 at 09:43 AM.

I saw this truck parked on 88st and congress st nw milwaukee and did a double take.It's real!

License Plate Number "CCW45"......

Interesting choice and just as dumb as the wording across the back of his truck.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    What possible issue, from a public label? That's what it's for.

Now, if someone can get into a tag to name database, then I'll be impressed.
    True. I was hoping to avoid stepping on any possible forum rules I'm not aware of. I'll post the original tonight when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascar24Glock View Post
    A few thoughts came to mind (by the way, I'll use "you" a few times in this post; I'm referring to the person in that car, not you personally):

1. Congratulations, dummy. You have just let criminals know where they can steal a quick and easy gun anytime you park somewhere and have to leave the gun in the car because the premises are off-limits to guns. Generally, the chances of breaking into a car and finding a gun are random and unpredictable; but, you just removed all doubt.

2. Congratulations, moron. You have just created a bad mental image of all persons with a CCW/CHP/CCP/CPL/etc. to anyone who looks at that photo. Heck, you even matched some people's stereotype of us permit holders (angry person who is just waiting to use his/her gun in a road rage incident).

3. Congratulations, idiot. You have demonstrated that you may eventually use your gun just becuase someone made you angry. Now, if you get involved in a borderline self-defense situation and the prosecutor finds this photo, you just lost any benefit-of-the-doubt or credibility you may have had. And more than likely bought yourself a one way ticket to prision

In short: if the person who wrote that on their car is reading this, amend your ways now.

All of this ^^^^^^^^ .... My addition in Red...... + 1000...

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 01-25-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by mainfr4me View Post
    True. I was hoping to avoid stepping on any possible forum rules I'm not aware of. I'll post the original tonight when I get home.
    Very considerate.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Agreed!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast