• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your opinions please

Coop4570

This was posted in the Arfcom WI hometown forum.
Picture was taken on I-43 near Mukwonago.

36696.jpg

:banghead:

Nascar24Glock

This was posted in the Arfcom WI hometown forum.
Picture was taken on I-43 near Mukwonago.

View attachment 7808

:banghead:

A few thoughts came to mind (by the way, I'll use "you" a few times in this post; I'm referring to the person in that car, not you personally):

1. Congratulations, dummy. You have just let criminals know where they can steal a quick and easy gun anytime you park somewhere and have to leave the gun in the car because the premises are off-limits to guns. Generally, the chances of breaking into a car and finding a gun are random and unpredictable; but, you just removed all doubt.

2. Congratulations, moron. You have just created a bad mental image of all persons with a CCW/CHP/CCP/CPL/etc. to anyone who looks at that photo. Heck, you even matched some people's stereotype of us permit holders (angry person who is just waiting to use his/her gun in a road rage incident).

3. Congratulations, idiot. You have demonstrated that you may eventually use your gun just becuase someone made you angry. Now, if you get involved in a borderline self-defense situation and the prosecutor finds this photo, you just lost any benefit-of-the-doubt or credibility you may have had.

In short: if the person who wrote that on their car is reading this, amend your ways now.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

When Blue-hair Bonavia accuses him of road ragin' and he is pulled by the cop, will he be armed or not? Who will be believed? You may beat the rap but you will not beat the ride.

SFCRetired

The thought occurs to me that this may not, in fact, be a gun owner or holder of a permit. Can you think of a better way for an anti to get the general population stirred up than something like this.

If, in fact, that person is both a gun owner and a permit holder, he/she is not the sort of person I would want anywhere near me or mine.

Packfanatic

+1000

The thought occurs to me that this may not, in fact, be a gun owner or holder of a permit. Can you think of a better way for an anti to get the general population stirred up than something like this.

If, in fact, that person is both a gun owner and a permit holder, he/she is not the sort of person I would want anywhere near me or mine.

First thought... this is not a typical person who would obtain a permission slip to conceal carry.

Second though.... most likley ( if it is real) is a faction of the anti firearm lobby

Third thought... If this person really has a permit.. carries a firearm and uses it.... regardless if valid or not they will most likley be guilty of homicide....

Last edited:

mainfr4me

Then maybe you can explain to us how it is that the truck is streaked and dirty but the lettering is clean? :monkey

Hi davegran, I'm the original poster from Arfcom. The only editing performed was to remove the person's license plate number, and to resize it for upload. I'd be happy to supply someone the original files (multiple photos my wife took while I was driving) for review/confirmation.

Eeyore

This person is of a type. They are probably insecure, so they want everybody to know how smart/tough/whatever they are. Other examples of this type include:

- there are 3 girls in my Krav Maga class who wear T-shirts saying "Be careful--I know Krav maga". They spend the entire class playing around and giggling. I seriously doubt they could actually employ Krav Maga in a situation that demanded it. But it's important for other people to be aware that they "know" Krav Maga and be suitably impressed.

- the Sporty's Pilot Shop catalog is full of stuff so that people can advertize that they are "FAA licensed pilots" to anyone they encounter

- concealed carry permit holder badges

- people who claim they were in some elite Special Forces unit

Bottom line: if you've got the skills, they speak for themselves. No need to advertize.

In this particular case, it's not just in poor taste, it's also impractical. What's the point of concealing if you're going to announce to everyone that you're doing it? This guy is basically an obnoxious OCer-by-proxy.

One last thought to stir the hornet's nest a little: Nascar24Glock's first point could arguably be applied to OCers as well as this loser.

MKEgal

That person is an idiot several ways from Sunday and if that's really their attitude about carrying I hope they're never around me. It might be interesting to do the |icense pl@te lookup & send a copy of that picture to the police &/or DA of their area.

Last edited:

mainfr4me

Looks fake to me too.

Like I said, if someone wants to send me a message with their e-mail address, I'd be happy to have someone else review the original. Or, if there are no issues with posting the guys license plate on a public forum, I can post as well.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Or, if there are no issues with posting the guys license plate on a public forum, I can post as well.
What possible issue, from a public label? That's what it's for.

Now, if someone can get into a tag to name database, then I'll be impressed.

Last edited:

Russia

dumb idea

What is intelligence? The definition I like is that intelligence is "the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations ... also : the skilled use of reason". I have heard some people misuse the word smart to mean knowledgeable. That is like confusing velocity with distance. That one can lead to the other does not mean that they are the same thing.
I.Q. = Intelligence Quotient
Originally, "IQ" tests were created to be able to identify children who might need special education due to their retarded mental development. Should i continue.

Glockface

I saw this truck parked on 88st and congress st nw milwaukee and did a double take.It's real!