• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your opinions please

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
License Plate Number "CCW45"......

Interesting choice and just as dumb as the wording across the back of his truck.

mainfr4me

What possible issue, from a public label? That's what it's for.

Now, if someone can get into a tag to name database, then I'll be impressed.

True. I was hoping to avoid stepping on any possible forum rules I'm not aware of. I'll post the original tonight when I get home.

Outdoorsman1

A few thoughts came to mind (by the way, I'll use "you" a few times in this post; I'm referring to the person in that car, not you personally):

1. Congratulations, dummy. You have just let criminals know where they can steal a quick and easy gun anytime you park somewhere and have to leave the gun in the car because the premises are off-limits to guns. Generally, the chances of breaking into a car and finding a gun are random and unpredictable; but, you just removed all doubt.

2. Congratulations, moron. You have just created a bad mental image of all persons with a CCW/CHP/CCP/CPL/etc. to anyone who looks at that photo. Heck, you even matched some people's stereotype of us permit holders (angry person who is just waiting to use his/her gun in a road rage incident).

3. Congratulations, idiot. You have demonstrated that you may eventually use your gun just becuase someone made you angry. Now, if you get involved in a borderline self-defense situation and the prosecutor finds this photo, you just lost any benefit-of-the-doubt or credibility you may have had. And more than likely bought yourself a one way ticket to prision

In short: if the person who wrote that on their car is reading this, amend your ways now.

All of this ^^^^^^^^ .... My addition in Red...... + 1000...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Makes me hungry!
"Don't Make Me Hungry" Har-har-har! Good one! "Conceal Buffet Permit!" Har-har-har!
2880cur.jpg

bigdaddy1

Not doubting the word of Mr. Mainfr4me, but from the picture it does have that "shopped" look to it. However since he observed the truck first hand I will take it at face value.

My opinion of the advertisement is that the poster is foolish, infantile and possibly unstable. "If" I were to get a CCL, I certainly wouldn't advertise that information. I doubt if I would even say so on a pro-gun forum such as this. To put that on your vehicle is only asking for trouble.

Last edited:

Law abider

One rotten apple will now get some gun controller wacked out and we will pay the price for the person's folly. Me thinks that the CC person has had a powe surge to his brain. Now we will all need a physco analysis before we get our permit and the law will be changed from Shall Issue to May issue after a physological analysis from the state.

To whome it may concern: Please erase that vitriolic language from your truck and please be humble in public with your gun. Don't look for a fight nor create one. I wrote a dear editor letter that defended our sobriety in public in response to an antigunner editorial who said the very thing written on that truck!

mainfr4me

Below are the original photos my wife took. Mods: I don't think this runs foul of the forum rules, but if it does, please edit/delete as you see fit.

The EXIF data should be viewable from my wife's Fuji camera on these images. Sorry I'm having trouble resizing the images within this post, and each image is roughly 2.5mb per.

EDIT: Sorry guys, but because of un-authorized use by Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort's Facebook page, I have taken the photos down for now.

Last edited:

Nascar24Glock

This person is of a type. They are probably insecure, so they want everybody to know how smart/tough/whatever they are. Other examples of this type include:

- there are 3 girls in my Krav Maga class who wear T-shirts saying "Be careful--I know Krav maga". They spend the entire class playing around and giggling. I seriously doubt they could actually employ Krav Maga in a situation that demanded it. But it's important for other people to be aware that they "know" Krav Maga and be suitably impressed.

- the Sporty's Pilot Shop catalog is full of stuff so that people can advertize that they are "FAA licensed pilots" to anyone they encounter

- concealed carry permit holder badges

- people who claim they were in some elite Special Forces unit

Bottom line: if you've got the skills, they speak for themselves. No need to advertize.

In this particular case, it's not just in poor taste, it's also impractical. What's the point of concealing if you're going to announce to everyone that you're doing it? This guy is basically an obnoxious OCer-by-proxy.

One last thought to stir the hornet's nest a little: Nascar24Glock's first point could arguably be applied to OCers as well as this loser.

While that is true, I think what he is doing would be much more likely to invite theft. For your statement to apply to an ordinary OC'er, a potential thief would have to actually observe the person OC'ing and which car he/she drives. The thief would then have to find this car parked outside a gun-free zone or follow it until it enters one.

In this case, the person doesn't even need to be observed or followed. Let's say a thief finds this car parked on the parking lot of a college campus (which, if I recall your law correctly, is legal; colleges are allowed only to prohibit carry in the buildings). Regardless of whether the person is around or not, a thief who notices this car will probably think like this: "there's a car that is parked in a gun-free zone; the writing on the back of this car makes it likely the person has a gun in the car; these facts likely mean one thing: free gun....."

So, in short, while OC would present this risk, it would require direct observation of the person. Just seeing this car parked unattended is an open invitation for a break-in.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
This makes a whole lot more sense after seeing his license plate. The "Don't make me angry!" is an Incredible Hulk reference. There's all kinds of other "Hulk" stickers and stuff too. I think he probably had this on his truck for a while and then added the bottom part. The two together don't look good. Kind of like when you say something that sounds dirty but you didn't mean it that way. Either way, I'd agree that he should remove the bottom part but I don't think it was meant in the way some people are thinking at all.

Old Grump

Mr. MeHulk is probably very young and dumb. He will outgrow it, most of us did. In the meantime somebody should really explain to him and not just among ourselves how bad it looks. First thing I think when I see that is mall ninja with small letters, possibly a complexion problem and does not play well with others.

bigdaddy1

This makes a whole lot more sense after seeing his license plate. The "Don't make me angry!" is an Incredible Hulk reference. There's all kinds of other "Hulk" stickers and stuff too. I think he probably had this on his truck for a while and then added the bottom part. The two together don't look good. Kind of like when you say something that sounds dirty but you didn't mean it that way. Either way, I'd agree that he should remove the bottom part but I don't think it was meant in the way some people are thinking at all.

Agreed, the "DONT MAKE ME ANGRY" looks like a direct reference to the movie/tv show. The "PROUD OWNER OF A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT" is just poor judgment. With out the license plate the whole thing can be easily taken out of context. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the owner to stand back and look at what he has advertised.