• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I went to the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs CCW forum.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I recieved a Fed-Ex package today in response to my records request:

Pursuant to the NRS chapter 239, I hereby request the following:

1. All Correspondence by mail, fax, email, instant message or any other communication between all members of DPS (the Department) and anyone representing the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association. (NSAC)
2. The Authority by which the NSAC Votes to Decide which States have recognized CCW reciprocity.
3. The Authority by which DPS hands the "peoples work" to the NSAC.
4. The method by which the people can hold the NSAC accountable for their vote, or decisions.
5. The amount of times that DPS has turned down a decision of the NSAC in the last ten years
6. The list decisions made by the NSAC that the Department did not adopt
7. A list of all other NON Profit Corporations or non governmental agencies involved with DPS in the lawmaking , regulation or administrative process whether for profit or not.

I received about 2 inches (thick) of paperwork, (the letters from Florida were interesting,) as well as other stuff... I have not had a chance to really soak it up, I just breezed through it quickly. there are emails, memorandums, interoffice corrospondance etc.
I also recieved a CD disc, with data on it, I am unsure how to open, or view the material
My quick assesment of this information makes me believe that given the opportunity, (political climate) the NSCA could tweak the requirements both in cirriculum and training to "drain the swamp" of CCW holders. As OCing becomes more normalized, they will have a much tougher time with the "power play" they were handed in 2007.

sawah

Guys, I wonder if we're really "seeing" the writing on the wall?

It looks like in a short while only LEOs or related officers, such as community service law enforcement assistants.

Now, I'm just kind of making that up but I BELIEVE, I heard that there are civilians who are liaising with the department to do neighborhood watches and other assisting duties and they know the LEOs in their area very well as a result.

Also there must be ways to get hired into the department as a consultant and given additional status. If all the cops in your are know you, then you are a lot less likely to be hassled. Maybe get a LEO-associate ID card.

In fact what about finding places that will hire on people with certain kinds of skills? Martial artists and combat shooting trainers, RBSD guys who train the LEOs. When they confiscate the arms we will be on the side of the 'good guys' (trans: law enforcement) instead of being identified as their prey.

JUST a thought. I hate the idea, actually, but what are you gonna do?

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I am starting to read these letters that I recieved, it appears that their are many "disqualifyers" for CCW that I did not know about. feor instance:

Harrassment,
Disturbing the peace,
Disorderly conduct,
There are more but those shocked me as they are "catch all's"

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It makes you wonder just how "shall-issue" is being shall-issue.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

As my friend Tiger Lily would say, "boy oh Boy did I get some Juicy stuff." I was up late last night reading email after email from DPS to the Sheriffs and Chiefs, NVSCA and vice versa, They will most likely all end up on Guerrilla Lawfare, we plan on making a info sharing page that can end up helping the citizens in general. There are some emails with the NRA and other organizations, that I would not want to post without giving the "organization" a opportunity to put into context. Does anyone know the NRS that was passed keeping the NVSCA from requesting BDR's from the Legislature that is close to sunsetting?

Also of note: Last year DPS suggested three states to honor for CCW they were Kentucky (accepted) Arizona (accepted) and Texas. I do not know if Texas even came for a vote amongst the NVSCA but either way, in his email Frank Adams explains that Texas will not qualify, because they allow vetrans that are under 21 to get a CCW in Texas.

varminter22

Does anyone know the NRS that was passed keeping the NVSCA from requesting BDR's from the Legislature that is close to sunsetting?
2007 was the last year the NSCA was allowed to introduce bills.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think there was actual legislation making that change. I think the decision is/was made by legislative committee or the like.

Current process:
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Division/Research/Publications/LegManual/2011/AppC.pdf

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/General/AboutLeg/Detail/IntroFirstReading.cfm
Only legislators and standing committees are authorized to introduce a bill.
2011 Legislative Manual:
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Division/Research/Publications/LegManual/2011/index.cfm

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

2007 was the last year the NSCA was allowed to introduce bills.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think there was actual legislation making that change. I think the decision is/was made by legislative committee or the like.

Current process:
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Division/Research/Publications/LegManual/2011/AppC.pdf

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/General/AboutLeg/Detail/IntroFirstReading.cfm

2011 Legislative Manual:
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Division/Research/Publications/LegManual/2011/index.cfm

Thanks, In the letters I am reading the NVSCA are making their ability to submitt BDR's in the top 3 priority's if not the top one.. they continually write about a law being sunsetted to provide this. I think it is important to keep the seperation ofpowers that we have, if not broaden it.. so I hope we find the one they are talking about.
I have been trying to attach some of the things I am posting about, but my attachment library is full and I do not see a delete button, any ideas?

Last edited:

varminter22

Sorry, am not familiar with the attachment library thing.

The NSCA, a Nevada non-profit corporation, most definitely should NOT be allowed to introduce bills.

What makes them more "special" than other non-profit corporations? NOTHING!

Since we as citizens and/or non-profit corporations must seek a legislator to introduce a bill, then so should the NSCA.

We must stay on top of this.

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Thanks, I will have them on Guerrilla lawfare shortly, I was trying to provide the Florida letter on OCDO because that one came up.. The main hold up is separating all of the Govt. only emails ie:BATFE-NVSCA from the private ones like NRA - NVSCA I plan on being a touch more prudent with that info, in some of the emails it is like listening to one end of a phone conversation. As the info disseminates, I think we will be able to pick out parts of the NVSCA that we like, and parts we do not. If someone wants to chase a lead... let me know there are many directions to go, it will be a little while before I get them charted out.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of my NORA request that I sent to the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association. It was also the day that I completed the complaint portion of the lawsuit! We would have filed last night, but we needed a notary stamp on my affidavit. It will be filed in District Court this Morning, and the summons process started.

What we assembled is a Complaint for Declaratory and injunctive relief, along with a Writ of Mandamus.

This work is designed to knock the NSCA off the (fence,) into one area, or the other. Are they a Governmental entity? or a Non Profit Organization? I am most curious to see who defends them, and even more so to see who funds their defense. Thanks to all the people on this forum that have had words of encouragement, and to the Patriots who believed enough to drop a few bucks in to help with the filing fees etc. This is only the start, there will be twists and turns, should be a good ride!

Here is the reality. We can get beat back sure. But if we don't stand up we are already beat.

If we get an injunction against the " impermissible delegation of power" it is still up to you and I to "enforce" it.