• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the fourm Conisdering moving to CO

Needles86

Hi, i am new to the forum and was considering relocating to CO this year if i can sell my house. I was wondering if any one has input about Aurora and any parts i should avoid looking in. It seems to be a place i'd like to live and wondering if any one has any input into this and if the area is pro-gun.

thanks.

Needles86

JamesB

Hi, i am new to the forum and was considering relocating to CO this year if i can sell my house. I was wondering if any one has input about Aurora and any parts i should avoid looking in. It seems to be a place i'd like to live and wondering if any one has any input into this and if the area is pro-gun.

thanks.

Needles86

Compared to Illinois... Welcome to GunGuy Paradise.

O2HeN2

I was wondering if any one has input about Aurora and any parts i should avoid looking in. It seems to be a place i'd like to live and wondering if any one has any input into this and if the area is pro-gun.
Avoid Denver. >20 round magazine ban and no open carry. Depending on what kind of work you do, you should also look at Colorado Springs. Much smaller city.

O2

Gunslinger

Colorado Springs is the best place I've ever lived. Conservative, pro-military, absolutely 2nd Amendment friendly, city and County (El Paso), and reasonable cost of living. Great climate and nice people. And the views of the mountains are incredible. Hopefully, a sinkhole will swallow the PDR of Denver sometime soon...

Needles86

Compared to Illinois... Welcome to GunGuy Paradise.

ya pretty much no ccw or oc. i live in lake county out of the city you can own w.e you want have high cap mags Ar's ak's. no class 3 things though. No open land or outdoor shooting unless you go way south or north into Wis. which is a 2 hour drive with out traffic.

alang

Aurora is like most cities, there are areas to avoid, areas that are usually OK, and areas that seem pretty good. I spent most of my youth in Aurora, and I think I turned out OK.

Needles86

Aurora is like most cities, there are areas to avoid, areas that are usually OK, and areas that seem pretty good. I spent most of my youth in Aurora, and I think I turned out OK.

im pretty sure ill be out to look in the next few weeks i've been finding a lot of places around the city center and around the community college that look fairly nice. I've been told to look mainly south of Colfax.

JamesB

im pretty sure ill be out to look in the next few weeks i've been finding a lot of places around the city center and around the community college that look fairly nice. I've been told to look mainly south of Colfax.

mmm, that's not nesecariliy true. My uncle has a nice place in a nice neighborhood about a mile norrth of Colfax. There are good thisgs about north, and about south. If you'd like someone to play tourguide for a while I'd be up for it.

JeepSeller

Pardon my lurking the Colorado section, I grew up in the Denver area (Lakewood/Golden) and spent a good deal of time further west in Glenwood Springs. I still visit Colorado on a regular basis, and, if my Florida counterparts will forgive me, IMHO, I'd take CO over FL any day. If opportunity and fate dropped an option to move back today, Florida would be in my rear view mirrors by nightfall tonight. And, I'm probably not exaggerating too much there to be candid. Life is keeping me here for the moment, but, Colorado calls me back constantly. It's just a matter of time and timing.

If you're set on the Denver area, I highly suggest finding someone who has current familiarity with the area. Like most major cities of Denver's size, there are areas you want, and those you don't. It's an incredible city and area, night and day when compared to anything out this side of the country IMHO. Good luck.

Kingfish

Elaborate. If you mean with metal detectors, that's statewide for OC or CC. Sorry, see you mentioned OC only. With a CCW, it doesn't matter to me.
Yes and the 2A does not mention licenses or permits. If they were "absolutely" 2a friendly, they would not require a government permission slip to enter the place you get your marriage license (my only personal experience as I had to leave my firearm in the car.)

Gunslinger

Yes and the 2A does not mention licenses or permits. If they were "absolutely" 2a friendly, they would not require a government permission slip to enter the place you get your marriage license (my only personal experience as I had to leave my firearm in the car.)

Not sure where you went for the license. You can OC at the police and sheriff's departments. How many cities can say that?

Kingfish

Not sure where you went for the license. You can OC at the police and sheriff's departments. How many cities can say that?
Centennial Hall, El Paso County Clerk and Recorder's office on South Cascade Avenue. Sign said no display of weapons. Colorado has the ordinance in place to allow the posting of building making them off limits to those who do not wish to seek the government's permission to defend themselves.

Needles86

If you're set on the Denver area, I highly suggest finding someone who has current familiarity with the area. Like most major cities of Denver's size, there are areas you want, and those you don't.

yah i agree with you on that i have family who live near 5 points by where Rockies play. and know some people by cherry creek. none of them really know much about aurora or area's around there. But, i ll check it out regardless gotta see for my self. lol

since9

Campaign Veteran
My advice would be to stay the hell out of Denver (city and county) as it's the only NO OC location routinely available to the public here in the otherwise sane state of Colorado.

The many other cities which make up the Denver Metropolitan Area are fine. Just be sure you check the county line on a map...

Gunslinger

Centennial Hall, El Paso County Clerk and Recorder's office on South Cascade Avenue. Sign said no display of weapons. Colorado has the ordinance in place to allow the posting of building making them off limits to those who do not wish to seek the government's permission to defend themselves.

CC is perfectly legal there. Admittedly, OC is more problematic in any free state.