• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello from the New Kid on the Block

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I still want to know what you are attending OTC for! lol

Boba Fett

oh Sorry! I thought I said! haha

I'm doing an Associate of Arts Transfer Degree. I'm taking BIO 105 (Environmental Science), MTH 110 (Intermediate Algebra), HST 130 (Reconstruction to the Present), and GRY 101 (World Geography) this semester. My dad is a custodian over there, so I get free tuition. Down side is that I'm out of district. lol

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
oh Sorry! I thought I said! haha

I'm doing an Associate of Arts Transfer Degree. I'm taking BIO 105 (Environmental Science), MTH 110 (Intermediate Algebra), HST 130 (Reconstruction to the Present), and GRY 101 (World Geography) this semester. My dad is a custodian over there, so I get free tuition. Down side is that I'm out of district. lol

Cool, nothing wrong with education. I am not sure what a "Transfer" degree is but I hope it pays well lol!

Firedawg314

Can you cite from the RSMO where it unlawful for a person age 18 to 21 to OC and or purchase a handgun from a private individual or receive one as a gift?

You are confusing the drop of minimum age of 23 to 21 to apply for a CCW with other things. It would be a tremendous help if you would get the facts straight before posting false information.

I agree... after re-reading my post... I just made it more confusing. Unlike "clear and cut" items like beer... you can be 21 to buy and drink beer. But you are introuble if you give beer or sale it to someone under the age. BUt that's dealing with beer.

Guns... is another subject. Given as a gift? There are kids given guns as gifts. My best thought is to say... ask a criminal lawyer. Rather ask now, than wait until you get caught up in some "red-tape".

Oramac

And I did the Boba Fett stuff back in the day, but I had to sell a lot of my Mandalorian armor and such to buy tactical gear and airsoft guns.

Wait, Mandalorian Armor isn't Tacticool? :D

All kidding aside, it sounds like you have a solid foundation for carry. More power to you. Just remember, you NEVER stop learning.

I agree... after re-reading my post... I just made it more confusing. Unlike "clear and cut" items like beer... you can be 21 to buy and drink beer. But you are introuble if you give beer or sale it to someone under the age. BUt that's dealing with beer.

Guns... is another subject. Given as a gift? There are kids given guns as gifts. My best thought is to say... ask a criminal lawyer. Rather ask now, than wait until you get caught up in some "red-tape".

There you go again with posting your thoughts as being law. Try reading this and see what your thoughts are. Might even help if your would read and study the whole section pertaining to firearms. Might even change some of your erroneous thoughts.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000060.HTM

Boba Fett

Wait, Mandalorian Armor isn't Tacticool? :D

All kidding aside, it sounds like you have a solid foundation for carry. More power to you. Just remember, you NEVER stop learning.

haha around here, you wear a suit or have more accessories than gun to be Tacticool! lol Although every once in a while I strap a Cold Steel polypropylene sword on my back in an outdoor game. haha

Thanks for the encouragement, and yes, truer words were never said! Knowledge is power, and those unwilling to learn will become slaves to those with the power. Hope I didn't muddle that...lol

A transfer degree means once I get this done, I can transfer to another college and already have 2 years' worth done. :)

Boba Fett

At the moment I am mainly looking at a Glock 19, with the Beretta PX4 Storm and Kahr CW9 also looking interesting.

I SWEAR by the Serpa. lol

G30Mike

I'm Glock biased myself, but pick which one suits you best.
I had a G19 a while back that would eat anything I fed it and now my sister carries a 19 because she liked mine so much.
I may end up with another one down the road because they are great pistols, but ill never give up carrying my G30. Love the .45 ACP too much.

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Never any love for Springfield =((

Duh!!!

LOL!!

I'm partial to Glocks as well. I like the cheap Glock combat sport holster and for Kydex, I use the Palmetto Gear holster for my G26 & G32. IWB, short term usage, the Remora. Just my $.02.

Oramac

One more that's partial to Glock. I carry a G26 every day. I'll be getting a G17 for OC whenever I can spare the cash, and eventually I'll be buying a G29SF for carry (short frame 10mm).

But, I want to second what others have said too. Buy what YOU like and what YOU will carry.

Boba Fett

What's funny is that I used to think Glocks were ugly. But then a guy let me hold his airsoft G19 at a game, and I was shocked at how comfortable it felt! Since then I've carried Glocks into every airsoft skirmish I play, and have had a 26, a 23, a 23c, an 18c, and my current sidearm, the 19. Looking forward to shooting the real steel soon, that will be the final verdict!

I just love how compact Glocks seem to feel like the "extension of my arm" that everyone seeks.

G30Mike

What's funny is that I used to think Glocks were ugly. But then a guy let me hold his airsoft G19 at a game, and I was shocked at how comfortable it felt! Since then I've carried Glocks into every airsoft skirmish I play, and have had a 26, a 23, a 23c, an 18c, and my current sidearm, the 19. Looking forward to shooting the real steel soon, that will be the final verdict!

I just love how compact Glocks seem to feel like the "extension of my arm" that everyone seeks.

Try out a 30 too if you can. The .45 is definitely nothing to be afraid of. I prefer the recoil of it over the high pressure .40 myself. The 9 minimeter is fine for SD and HD though. :)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
The great glock debate really boils down to the grip angle, some shoot it very well and it is indeed a good design. Others who have shot the 1911 find the XD and the M&P a better fit. All three are fantastic combat weapons and serve the role of personal protection very well.

Not knocking others, all three of those are mid-level priced and because of that, probably the most common carry weapon these days.

I remain a fan of the 1911, but enjoy my XD's every bit as much. I am not a fan of the Glock, simply because I remain unused to the grip angle, that does not make it a bad weapon, just one I have opted not to make the adjustment to shooting enough to have become comfortable with it. There is good science behind it and from what I have observed in the pistol owners, most who do not praise the glock are revolver shooters in their current or past history.

Everyone who is considering a carry weapon should most certainly go to a range and rent a variety to determine which suits them best, after all, you are about to plunk a large chunk of change down for it and you are indeed possibly trusting your life to it, have the best for YOU at that moment.

I would trust my life to the 686-4 without hesitation, but do prefer a few more rounds.

Boba Fett

I've only shot one .45, the full size XD, and I couldn't hit kuso with it! lol. It just didn't seem to like me. But that was a while back so maybe I should give it another try.

I never really got into 1911's, my "gun life" was raised on USP's. The 1911 is a bit awkward for me, which of course in a shame, given how awesome they are! haha