Thread: Aftermarket recoil spring and guide rod?

Aftermarket recoil spring and guide rod?

Anyone have any experience with an aftermarket recoil spring and guide rod for a Glock? I have a Glock 23 and was just wondering if it made any difference in performance.

A standard replacement won't make any difference.

There are replacements with different strength springs though.

For a carry weapon, just leave that basic part alone.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B2O View Post
    Anyone have any experience with an aftermarket recoil spring and guide rod for a Glock? I have a Glock 23 and was just wondering if it made any difference in performance.
    I'm very satisfied with replacement springs made by Wolff (for Glock see http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?...ms&cID=1&mID=5), but have had no reason or desire to replace any of my Glock guide rods. The nice thing about Wolff springs is that you can 'tune' your Glock to satisfy whatever your intended purpose. Stronger, weaker, in the middle... whatever you feel that you need and aren't getting from the spring(s) you are replacing. I have used Wolff springs in my Glocks and my 1911s. Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 02-05-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

I just tested my friends .40S&W Glock compact with a tungsten guide rod and then without. The heavier rod had a significant reduction in recoil. I was impressed enough to order one for my G36. The slight increase in overall weight is not a concern to me.

Just purchased and installed a Lone Wolf Stainless steel guide rod and 17 pound factory rated spring for my G-19.
    This past weekend went out to test fire the combination with both 115gr. and 124 gr. ammo and had absolutly no malfunctions.
    I like the idea that its a couple of ounces heavier than the plastic stock rod, and can't chip or flex during firing. Rod and spring together were just around $20.
    Used Blue loctite to secure the screw onto the end of the rod after installing the spring. Of course, the way the Glock is designed. the end of the recoil spring is captured in the recess of the slide and cannot come out during firing even if the scre backs out and falls off. The screw is there for the sole purpose of capturing the spring when the rod assy is removed from the slide for cleaning.