Thread: Who the hell are the Virginians for Responsible Gun Laws?

Who the hell are the Virginians for Responsible Gun Laws?

Whoever they are, I learned of them while reading my morning paper (Daily Press). Damn near choked on my coffee. They weren't hard to see, as they'd paid for a half-page ad (in large, blue letters) proclaiming their stance as Pro 2A and Pro Common Sense.

Their ad, claiming that "...common sense isn't so common anymore... ...especially down in Richmond..." (emphasis added), urges the reader to oppose SB 324 & SB 612 and to call Sen Norment to let him know of your stance.

They can be found at http://www.facebook.com/VARGL

They have a petition on their facebook page, which so far carries the signatures of Lori Haas, Josh Horwitz and Omar Samaha, among others.

Their stated goal is 10,000 signatures. As of this posting, they have 15.
    Last edited by 2a4all; 01-25-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    Whoever they are, I learned of them while reading my morning paper (Daily Press). Damn near choked on my coffee. They weren't hard to see, as they'd paid for a half-page ad (in large, blue letters) proclaiming their stance as Pro 2A and Pro Common Sense.

Their ad, claiming that "...common sense isn't so common anymore... ...especially down in Richmond..." (emphasis added), urges the reader to oppose SB 324 & SB 612 and to call Sen Norment to let him know of your stance.

They can be found at http://www.facebook.com/VARGL
    Never heard of them....SB324 is a good bill but 612 sucks.

Whoever they are, they aren't registered Principals.
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-25-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Just noticed SB324 is on the Committee docket today.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...1+doc+S0310125

TFred

Why would want to oppose giving the legislature the power to make sure unelected civil servants follow the law?

Click on the "Wall" tab (http://www.facebook.com/VARGL?sk=wall) and write all the comments you want. I wouldn't bother, the legislative session will be long over before this crowd get a thousand of their 10,000 goal.
    Daily carry: SIG P229 .40 S&W

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Click on the "Wall" tab (http://www.facebook.com/VARGL?sk=wall) and write all the comments you want. I wouldn't bother, the legislative session will be long over before this crowd get a thousand of their 10,000 goal.
    Oh brother... there the go with the "disastrous consequences" again... just like the disastrous consequences they cried about with concealed carry in restaurants...

Don't they know people can remember these things? "WOLF! WOLF!!!"

TFred

Cool I was just banned

I was working on posting this: SB 612 - Would allow individuals to purchase rifles and shotguns without going through a state background check. True, but the law is intended to remove the burden of these background checks from the Virginia state police and put it back where it belongs, at the federal level. It is a federal law, after all, that requires background checks. This law would NOT eliminate background checks, and may make it harder to get a long gun because of the length of time the federal background checks take to perform.

When my wall posts were removed and I was banned from posting.

Sixteen signatures so far. WOW! This thing could go viral any minute!

Actually, this turkey is a non-event, which shows that most Virginians are not "outraged" by our gun laws and don't want to sign the silly petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post

Actually, this turkey is a non-event, which shows that most Virginians are not "outraged" by our gun laws and don't want to sign the silly petition.
    That Group is Lori Haas and the three Stooges. Goddard and Horiwitz

And I'm delighted to say that I'm not the only one that doesn't want the Feds involved in our business..612 is done for the year
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-25-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post

I AM outraged!

That outrageous "brandishing" statute, for example, has GOT TO GO!
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by p.publius View Post
    I was working on posting this: SB 612 - Would allow individuals to purchase rifles and shotguns without going through a state background check. True, but the law is intended to remove the burden of these background checks from the Virginia state police and put it back where it belongs, at the federal level. It is a federal law, after all, that requires background checks. This law would NOT eliminate background checks, and may make it harder to get a long gun because of the length of time the federal background checks take to perform.

When my wall posts were removed and I was banned from posting.
    SOP for antis. At least Brady's FB only disallowed me to comment but still lets me read.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

"responsible gun laws" is a term coined and used by the other side.

Five days and they have 44 signatures out of a goal of 10,000 and five of those don't even think enough of the petition to sign their name. And I wonder how many of the signatures are even real?

A failed social experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    "responsible gun laws" is a term coined and used by the other side.
    Yea, original thinking doesn't seem to be this crowd's hallmark. They ripped off a version of "Guns Save Lives" as well, didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Yea, original thinking doesn't seem to be this crowd's hallmark. They ripped off a version of "Guns Save Lives" as well, didn't they?
    This group is bad about copying VCDL symbols and slogans Felix.

This is from a hearing in the City of Richmond several years ago. Look closely and you can see an orange circle. I think it said People Save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    This group is bad about copying VCDL symbols and slogans Felix.

This is from a hearing in the City of Richmond several years ago. Look closely and you can see an orange circle. I think it said People Save lives.

Of course they want to copy the best...out stickers are quite popular

Why does he have that face in every picture I have seen of him? That must be his look of defeat.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 01-29-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

They have a youtube channel:
    http://wn.com/va4respgunlaws

I just signed the petition!! YAY ME!!

Why is the Euro sign all over the place in the text? You guys should really review your copy/paste job before pressing the "post" button. BTW, care to spell out these "responsible" gun laws? Last question: How many shell organizations does this make for you guys (anti-rights crowd) in Virginia? 6 or 7 at least, right? If you keep this up you'll have more shell groups than actual members! Or have you passed that benchmark already?

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    I just signed the petition!! YAY ME!!
    I won't be signing their petition, even in protest. No way do I want my name associated with this bunch. And I sure don't want to add even "1" to their petition count!

BTW, what's up with that Arizona large magazine comment PVC is making on the YouTube link Peter Nap posted? That's a stretch even for our group. As I recall the interviews with the elderly lady, she said the gunman had already been tackled by two men and she grabbed the magazine [as] he was trying to get it out of his pocket before he was fully subdued. Helpful, yes, but not the pivotal action.
    Last edited by Felix; 01-30-2012 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Inserted a clarifying [as]

Oh, yeah very pro-2A

By definition one cannot be "pro Second Ammendment" unless one supports the wording therein. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! Lies and smokescreen to make them seem mainstream instead of way out leftist. There cannot be any gun laws, common sense or otherwise, that limit anything regarding arms without dumping on the Second Ammendment. Send these clowns some red noses and giant shoes so people will not be confused by their appearance.

Agree with Wolfhound.

I won't be signing their petition,
    He didn't say what name he signed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    By definition one cannot be "pro Second Ammendment" unless one supports the wording therein. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! Lies and smokescreen to make them seem mainstream instead of way out leftist. There cannot be any gun laws, common sense or otherwise, that limit anything regarding arms without dumping on the Second Ammendment. Send these clowns some red noses and giant shoes so people will not be confused by their appearance.
    Ding Ding, we have a WINNER!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    He didn't say what name he signed.
    Exactly, sometimes the best way to keep taps on these folks is to get on their email list.
    Just don't eat before you decide to read them....

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.....
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin