• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man with a gun detained near Bush Home

gunns

This smells bad to me. He was compelled to deliver a spiritual message and followed another car to sneak into the gated community. I would send him to psych eval for sure.

OC for ME

Did the story state that the Bush's were not home at the time? And....AND....they, the SS I presume, do not believe that he is a threat to the Bushes at this time.....especially since they are OUT OF TOWN!!!!

Man, ya just can't make this stuff up. The locals say let him go. The SS holds onto the dude, and the focus is on the dude and not the extended detention of a citizen where no state, county, city violations have occurred. The SS is way off base on this one, regarding FORMER PRESIDENT Bush.

The SS dudes need to do a couple of ride-a-longs with the local cops to see what real LE does every day and how to handle folks who have not broken the law.

paramedic70002

Would any of y'all really try to sneak on to a former President's property to deliver a message, knowing he had SS protection? I think we've seen enough of this to know what's going to happen.

rscottie

According to the story, the gun was in a locked box. Also, the man had a Concealed Carry Permit.

So, what is the media to do about a non-story about a man who wanted to go speak to the former president? They hype the gun.

Daylen

Would any of y'all really try to sneak on to a former President's property to deliver a message, knowing he had SS protection? I think we've seen enough of this to know what's going to happen.

I wouldn't try to onto sneak onto anyone's property. If they can't charge him with anything, however, he should be released; that is the law.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Before everyone starts bashing the Secret Service, why don't you wait until you have all the information. The article certainly isn't full of information.

We already know that the man snuck into a gated community where he had no reason to be. He is approaching the house of a man with multiple death threats against him. He said he had a spiritual message. With all the religious fanatics out there, this could mean anything. It's not like the guy didn't do anything wrong. Regardless of whether or not the Bushes were there, we have no idea what his intent was.

Let the Secret Service conduct their investigation, then pass judgment.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Storing the firearm in a lock-box was a good idea.

Attempting to skirt the normal channels in order to speak to any high-profile official under SS protection is always a bad idea.

Holding a citizen of the United States of America who has violated no laws...

Well, he did attempt to sneak onto the property. Given the situation, he may have broken federal law.

Z1P2

Regardless, he was caught trespassing, which is still a crime in this country last I checked... but even if he weren't trespassing, LE can detain people for some period of time (I think 48 hours) for questioning. If I were the SS, I would hold anyone trying to sneak onto the property of a current or former president for questioning at the very least regardless of whether they were armed.