• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Hampshire on the Verge of Passing Constitutional Carry

Midwest

Wednesday, 25 January 2012 14:24

http://gunowners.org/sa012512.htm

-- House-passed bill to be voted on in the Senate soon

"New Hampshire could soon become one of the most pro-gun states in the country – a sanctuary where the Constitution is paramount and Americans don’t need the government’s permission to exercise their God-given rights. Hoellsign....The bill is House Bill 536, sponsored by Representative J. R. Hoell, and it has already passed the House"

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I could agree with new Hampshire being the most gun friendly if they allowed carry in vehicles without a license! I must say now Ky is the most friendly; no restrictions on openly carried weapons, can carry in vehicle without license, parking lot protection law, state preemption that prohibits locales from regulating firearms in any way, law that prohibits law enforcement from disarming carriers, law that forbids disarming citizens during state of emergencies. We have a bill introduced with numerous co-sponsors for cc without a license as well this legislative session. I hope to see new Hampshire pass this bill, I hope to see every state do so, but that's a long shot. I am curious, did they ever prohibit carry in new hampshires state Capitol?

Edit: here I was thinking I'm talking to sOmeone from NH, and ur from the same state I am!! Haha, could anyone else tell me, did they pass the legislation that bans carry in your statehouse?

Last edited:

decklin

I'm from NH. They did pass a law against carry but only briefly. It was repealed. NH citizens went nuts when they were told they could not carry in their own building.

doobie

Wednesday, 25 January 2012 14:24

http://gunowners.org/sa012512.htm

-- House-passed bill to be voted on in the Senate soon

"New Hampshire could soon become one of the most pro-gun states in the country – a sanctuary where the Constitution is paramount and Americans don’t need the government’s permission to exercise their God-given rights. Hoellsign....The bill is House Bill 536, sponsored by Representative J. R. Hoell, and it has already passed the House"

And all the 'outstanding' gun bills will be veto's by the guv.

FIVETWOSEVEN

The hearing is tomorrow in the Senate. There is also HB 1220 and HB 1224 which are both pro gun bills. PGNH.org has the info on those two which are both being heard in the House.

nhsig220

I'm from NH. They did pass a law against carry but only briefly. It was repealed. NH citizens went nuts when they were told they could not carry in their own building.

Incorrect.

There was no such law passed. It was a committee rule that was put into place.

Gunslinger

Yes, but they don't vote in a party bloc. These bills didn't pass by veto-proof margins.

Which means pressure must be applied to Repubs who didn't vote for it. This is an election year and the democrap gov is out in November. Grass roots works very well in NH because there are so many seats in the State House. The legislators listen to their constituents which are relatively few in number.

doobie

Which means pressure must be applied to Repubs who didn't vote for it. This is an election year and the democrap gov is out in November. Grass roots works very well in NH because there are so many seats in the State House. The legislators listen to their constituents which are relatively few in number.

The gun bills that passed had no where near a veto override majority... I highly doubt the repubs will draw up enough support to override the veto's. It's funny how the repubs want libertarians to vote for them...but don't want to vote pro-liberty.

Gunslinger

There were 82 not voting or absent. Most of them Republicans. The House certainly could muster a veto over-ride. The Senate is almost 4-1 Republican. I wouldn't give up so easily.

doobie

There were 82 not voting or absent. Most of them Republicans. The House certainly could muster a veto over-ride. The Senate is almost 4-1 Republican. I wouldn't give up so easily.

I'm going to bet only half of those 82 would vote to override the veto. But we shall see.

FIVETWOSEVEN

Lets hope those not in attendance will be there for the VETO and override. This is of course if the Senate actually passes this bill as well. They said that they would pass CC if all the gun groups in New Hampshire agreed on it.

Tactical9mm

Here's the status (pasted from gencourt.state.nh.us/bill-status):

HB536 -FN
Session Year 2012
Title: relative to the natural right to carry a firearm, openly or concealed, without a license.
G-Status: SENATE
House Status: PASSED / ADOPTED WITH AMENDMENT
Senate Status: IN COMMITTEE
Next/Last Comm: SENATE JUDICIARY
Next/Last Hearing: 01/26/2012 at 02:00 PM SH 100

The amended bill passed by the house can be viewed at e-lobbyist.com/gaits/text/508562
(This was NOT passed by a veto-proof 2/3 majority, and Lynch has threatened a veto if the Senate passes it)

So as it stands right now, it would seem to be just sitting in the Senate for six weeks. I wasn't able to locate any other information on this from any media source, nor could I find it when digging through the online Senate calendars and journals.

If anyone can provide specific, current information on the disposition of this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: