• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please Stand with Me to Help Prevent Another Massacre Like the one at Virginia Tech

since9

Campaign Veteran
As many of you know, I'm a graduate of Virginia Tech. After I learned of Cho's massacre, I began thinking about what could be done differently that might prevent such a massacre from occurring in the future. Here in Colorado we've made good strides towards ensuring students are able to protect themselves against such an act.

In Nevada, they're working on a similar approach.

I sincerely hope this goes through. If it does, I'm going to write each and every one of Virginia Tech's Board of Visitors, along with Virginia's Governor who appoints them, as well as my friend, a senior member of Virginia's General Assembly.

I'm going to explain, clearly and without holding back, why Cho was able to murder so many Virginia Tech students without impediment. I'm going to point out how and why it's the government's responsibility to respect the rights of its citizens, and how tragedies such as the Virginia Tech massacre can ensure when citizen's rights are restrained or removed.

Then I'm going to ask them personally, what each and every one of them will do in the coming year to see that this tragedy is never repeated. I will share with them a list of campuses across the U.S., including those here in Colorado, where concealed carry on campus is legal, and how the worst fears of the school officials has never materialized.

I'm going to ask them to make a difference, and if they choose not to do so, I'm going to encourage each and every one of them to put up a $1 Million bond to take care of the families of any student who should fall victim to any future tragedy.

If they refuse, I will publish their names, along with their responses, including a "No Response" for those who choose not to respond. I will encourage all citizens of the State of Virginia to remove the governor from office and replace him with a governor who FULLY respects the rights of Virginia's citizens and students.

I will re-post this in Virginia's section, and I encourage each and every one of us here on OCDO who are Virginia's or from Virginia to stand with me on this matter.

Thank you.

2a4all

As many of you know, I'm a graduate of Virginia Tech. After I learned of Cho's massacre, I began thinking about what could be done differently that might prevent such a massacre from occurring in the future. Here in Colorado we've made good strides towards ensuring students are able to protect themselves against such an act.

In Nevada, they're working on a similar approach.

I sincerely hope this goes through. If it does, I'm going to write each and every one of Virginia Tech's Board of Visitors, along with Virginia's Governor who appoints them, as well as my friend, a senior member of Virginia's General Assembly.

I'm going to explain, clearly and without holding back, why Cho was able to murder so many Virginia Tech students without impediment. I'm going to point out how and why it's the government's responsibility to respect the rights of its citizens, and how tragedies such as the Virginia Tech massacre can ensure when citizen's rights are restrained or removed.

Then I'm going to ask them personally, what each and every one of them will do in the coming year to see that this tragedy is never repeated. I will share with them a list of campuses across the U.S., including those here in Colorado, where concealed carry on campus is legal, and how the worst fears of the school officials has never materialized.

I'm going to ask them to make a difference, and if they choose not to do so, I'm going to encourage each and every one of them to put up a $1 Million bond to take care of the families of any student who should fall victim to any future tragedy.

If they refuse, I will publish their names, along with their responses, including a "No Response" for those who choose not to respond. I will encourage all citizens of the State of Virginia to remove the governor from office and replace him with a governor who FULLY respects the rights of Virginia's citizens and students.

I will re-post this in Virginia's section, and I encourage each and every one of us here on OCDO who are Virginia's or from Virginia to stand with me on this matter.

Thank you.
And if it doesn't?

Why wait? If Colorado already has in place what we need here in Virginia, shouldn't these folks know about it?

The evidence is clear. The "No Guns on Campus" rules currently in effect at Virginia's institutes of higher education have not prevented any of the violent attacks against students. If anything, they've enabled them. How many more of these "Cho Incidents" will we force our academic communities to endure before those in charge get the message?

While working the VCDL table at the Hampton Gun Show this weekend, an individual who said he's faculty at one of the local colleges expressed his support to me for HB91. He said he doesn't carry now because he fears loss of his job if he's found out.

OC for ME

I'm pretty sure that these libs-in-charge already know of these things, because their LE lap dogs keep them informed of what we say here on OCDO.

Go ahead, ya never know unless you try.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...In Nevada, they're working on a similar approach...

And we were shystered at the last minute by a biased leader of the committee overseeing whether or not the bill reached our Assembly floor, after overwhelming support in our Senate, and despite much publicized support in polling the Assemblymen.

We have to wait two years to try again, and I promise you the fight will be MUCH more supported than last year.

Old Virginia Joe

You cannot say you will threaten the Governor of Va with being voted out if he does not cooperate with this cause, because Va is a state where the Governor can only serve one 4 year term at a time (term limits). Not saying that is a bad law, but that is the way it is here. He will be out of office in 2 more years no matter what he does. He cannot be re-elected to successive terms.

Law_Abiding_Citizen

Not to sound bad, but if someone that was there, when he began killing, with enough guts and a gun. Could have shot him and stopped the further deaths. Either by killing or incapacitating him. Live by the gun die by the gun, not saying he shoulda been killed, but if it had came to that then yes. But one person can and does make a difference. There's always a few bad apples here and there that try and ruin it for everyone, whether inadvertantly or meaning to.

sawah

Not to sound bad, but if someone that was there, when he began killing, with enough guts and a gun. Could have shot him and stopped the further deaths. Either by killing or incapacitating him. Live by the gun die by the gun, not saying he shoulda been killed, but if it had came to that then yes. But one person can and does make a difference. There's always a few bad apples here and there that try and ruin it for everyone, whether inadvertantly or meaning to.

May I ask how old you are and what your profession is? Just trying to put your comments in perspective. Why would you not suggest an active shooter be killed in SD?