• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 612 is toast

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Others agree with me that the Feds have no business in Virginia Gun Laws.
Senator McDougle told the committee that he had asked for a special budget appropriation for the state police so they could do the job they were supposed to.

With that, SB612 was tabled!

That sets the stage for all the instant background P4P that goes into that committee this year...:banana:

Last edited:

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
I have said that the VSP system is broken, with its more frequent and lengthening delays.

(I fact, I just posted that in two other threads before finding this one.)

If this fixes the VSP system... good.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I have said that the VSP system is broken, with its more frequent and lengthening delays.

(I fact, I just posted that in two other threads before finding this one.)

If this fixes the VSP system... good.

It won't fix the system Mark, the system is bad and can't be fixed. What it does is hopefully cure the problem for a while.
Mike has posted on these P4P bills and his attitude is unfortunately typical.
The State Police want out. They've taken the money intended for the checks and purchased shiny new whistles. Yes Mike, before you start, that money comes from General Funds and Background Money goes into General funds but we aren't talking about Johnny's allowance, they have a budget with that factored in. Very specifically factored in.

What McDougle is doing is giving them more money with directions that tell them how to use it. The head of the State Police stood there with his hat in his hand, and said it was because of a lack of staff.

Anyone that thinks simply eliminating the state check but having the Federal Check done by the same people, is too stupid to own a gun.
Anyone that thinks funneling more information to the Federal Government is a good thing, is living in a world with a green sun.
Even state people testified that was bad. McDougle and others said they didn't want the Federal Government in their business.

This was a train wreck averted and for the life of me, I don't know how it got any support. There are a few others coming out including Gilbert's, but this sets the stage to nuke them.

The Problem will be solved when we face reality and get rid of all checks instead of putting band aids on blown tires.
Until then, this may speed up the checks.