• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Fearless" starring Jet Li

since9

Campaign Veteran
I watched this movie this afternoon and found it to be a wonderfully filmed, choreographed, and scored martial arts film. The settings were beautiful, and the history reasonably accurate. The acting was surprisingly good, as well, and the message was solid.

Jet Li (main character) believes that Wushu is not primarily for self-defense and instead of trying to play the hero people should think about peaceful resolutions of conflicts and call the police if necessary:

"A gun outdoes years of martial arts training in a split second."

While I won't hesitate to use my firearm if necessary, I would rather allow those who're trained and paid to take down the bad guys do their job if my intervention is unnecessary.

Last edited: