• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need to support Starbucks on 2-14

KYGlockster

Activist Member
There is an anti-gun group that is Going to boycott Starbucks on feb.14th for their policy on firearms. Us gun owners need to make this a big sell day for Starbucks, so people understand they will have major support if they support us! I for one never drink coffee, but I am going To stop in on this day and give them some money for something. Please everyone do the same, we must support those that support us.

Comm

There is an anti-gun group that is Going to boycott Starbucks on feb.14th for their policy on firearms. Us gun owners need to make this a big sell day for Starbucks, so people understand they will have major support if they support us! I for one never drink coffee, but I am going To stop in on this day and give them some money for something. Please everyone do the same, we must support those that support us.

Will do!

Curtis C

i'll have to go to a different one than i normally go to. its on campus. go there every friday during the winter as my treat for the week.

Tmhrr

From http://www.ohioccw.org/

Feb. 14 is Starbucks Appreciation Day

Written by Philip Mulivor

Thursday, 26 January 2012 09:59

Some fringe-group kooks known as the National Gun Victims Action Council have called for a boycott of Starbucks on Valentine's Day, Feb. 14. They've targeted Starbucks because the popular coffee shop chain has steadfastly refused to impose firearms restrictions above and beyond the gun laws that already exist at their 18,890 locations.

To ensure that the boycott gains no traction, many blogs serving the gun-rights community have designated Feb. 14 as Starbucks Appreciation Day. Please visit Starbucks on Valentine's Day and buy the fanciest item you can. They serve a lot more than coffee.

If we do this right, Starbucks will be looking forward to future anti-rights shenanigans for a guaranteed bump in sales.

KRM59

Louisville starbucks on critten drive accross from papa johns stadium

anyone want to make a meet and greet around 5 or 6 pm 2-14 let me know

Dreamer

And if you can, pay with your purchase with $2 bills. (You can get them at your bank). This denomination is rarely used, and will get the attention of the Staff at Starbucks, AND the "2" is symbolic of our support for the 2nd Amendment.

Cash drawers full of $2 bills at the end of the day in every Starbucks in the country would get their attention that's for sure. If you owned a business, who would you listen to for setting policy--a bunch of loud, disruptive, ranting protesters trying to convince your customers to not patronize your shop, or a bunch of quiet, polite, law-abiding people who calmly came in to your shop, purchased your product, and went about their business?

Just sayin'...

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I feel this might be a silly question, but can you get $2 dollar bills at any bank? I would like to make my purchase this way as well, and my oldest daughter would probably enjoy having a few to play with. 4 years old and already crazy about money!! I must say though, she is much better at saving than her mother is.

09jisaac

I feel this might be a silly question, but can you get $2 dollar bills at any bank? I would like to make my purchase this way as well, and my oldest daughter would probably enjoy having a few to play with. 4 years old and already crazy about money!! I must say though, she is much better at saving than her mother is.

Usually banks have $2 bills on hand, but I wouldn't expect them to have $200 worth. Either gutshot lucked out, or had his bank have the money on hand.

Last edited:

Keith Cromm

I hope everyone realizes that a single day (to show 'support' for Starbucks) won't exactly fit the ($2) bill.

The boycott *STARTS* on 2/14 and has no specific end date.

Thus, a frequent (weekly?) visit might be of significance, especially paying with the $2 bill.

Comm

Well, this morning I strapped on my Ruger SR40C , and walked into my local Starbucks this morning to buy Hot Chocolate. The counter salesman noticed my firearm, and I told him why I was there to support Starbuck on this day. He said, Very Cool! My buddy and I was thinking of doing it later today when I get off.
I told him he should to support our 2nd Amendment rights, and to show support for places like Starbuck's who are not afraid of the Anti gunners who want to disarm us Law abiding citizens.
All in all a good experience. I did pay with a 2 dollar bill, and told him why, so he could tell others. I also told him of this forum, so that he could join and talk with other OC people.
I plan on doing it again when I get off work.
Hope everyone's day is as productive as mine was.
Stay Safe!

Kingarthur7

Lexington Starbucks

I stopped at the Starbucks on Versailles Road after work and got two drinks and asked to speak to the manager, he said that he had not heard anything about the boycot. I explained that I was a gun and open carry supporter and that I was there to spend some money because of the stand that Starbucks has taken to allow OC. The manager was very nice, was interested, and said that he would tell the main manager about it in the morning. Apparently the boycott is a non-event, he said that their business is good. I plan on getting a couple hundred dollars in two-dollar bills this Friday when I'm off work. Hey, here's an idea, why not get all our cash turned into two-dollar bills and spend them everywhere in support of the second amendment?

09jisaac

None of them were aware of the boycott

I stopped at the Starbucks on Versailles Road after work and got two drinks and asked to speak to the manager, he said that he had not heard anything about the boycott.

I got the exact same reaction.

After visiting the starbucks in ashland I can say that I haven't missed out on much. That was my 1st time in a starbucks and probably my last. The smell of coffee was soo strong that it almost knocked me down. I don't like coffee so I opted instead to go with a strawberry smoothie. That was a bad decision. But anyone who almost sorta stands up for our rights is worth doing business with, so I might be back.