• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Someone breaking into your home? make sure its not your live-in boyfriend...

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Thanks. I reported it too.

When pat came back, I thought maybe he would play it straight. I gave him a clean slate as though he had done nothing wrong. Lessons learned.

I really don't care if it is Pat or not. I just wish they would follow the rules. If it is Pat let me just say that I liked many of his early posts and thought he contributed to the discussions at hand... then later his good points were often overshadowed by his personal feelings regarding members. I can't say I disagreed with him entirely at times. But, all if us have done stupid things in our lives. I tend to suscribe to the "more flies with honey" philosophy. I just wish, if it is him, that he'd go back to his original demeanor and contribute to the discussion at hand. Disagreement is not a problem, in fact I like it. Personal attacks, however, tend to turn good discussions into emotional diatribes.

B

Bikenut

While this might not help at o'dark30 in the middle of an alley or dark street spreading lots, and I mean lots, of ordinary little night lights all through the house gives enough light to allow identifying an intruder in our house in the middle of the night.

HKcarrier

I just hope this doesn't mean we're going to get reported for using "brainless1911" cause comon... that's gotta be hauled out now and then. :D

MKEgal

alphamale said:
how about calling out who are you? Seems that would alert the boyfriend to yell back it's me honey
+1
The event that decided me on carrying was something similar - boyfriend (not live-in, but had keys) decided to come over in the middle of the night & surprise me.
He succeeded.

I woke up hearing someone downstairs. As I heard steps coming up the stairs to my bedroom I dialed 911 & (while it was still ringing) started shouting things like "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" & "THE COPS ARE COMING!" & "LEAVE ME ALONE!".

He stopped, started talking to me, I recognized his voice, hung up the phone (before 911 even answered... I thought*), & all was relatively well.

*(Apparently it had gone through, & they called back, but I didn't see the phone flashing 'til it was too late to answer... and nothing more ever came of it. That's scary! From what I understand, a hang-up is supposed to be a fairly high-priority call. And this happened at something like 2AM.)

The only thing I'd do differently now is add to the above rolling off the other side of the bed so I had concealment, kneeling on the floor, & pointing my pistol at the top of the stairs.