Thread: Carry @ Starbucks? Maybe not for long!

Carry @ Starbucks? Maybe not for long!

Starbucks to add beer, wine to menu...

If your state laws (like mine in NC) prohibit carrying where alcohol is sold & consumed, then you may soon be out of luck at Starbucks.

I already gave my feedback to Starbucks about how they would be losing the business of LACs (law abiding citizens) who patronize their stores and I encourage you to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Or, on the other hand, this may be a SERIOUS motivator for gun owners to start ACTIVELY lobbying their legislators in states like NC to abolish the silly prohibition on carrying in establishments that serve alcohol.

We need to DROP this dumb law--EVERY other state in our region allows carry in such establishments--EVEN MARYLAND (if you have a permit)--and in states like VA there has actually been a significant DROP in violent crime in such establishments.

Every cloud has a silver lining--even if that lining is a situation that pisses people off enough to actually DO SOMETHING to change things for the better...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Or, on the other hand, this may be a SERIOUS motivator for gun owners to start ACTIVELY lobbying their legislators in states like NC to abolish the silly prohibition on carrying in establishments that serve alcohol.

We need to DROP this dumb law--EVERY other state in our region allows carry in such establishments--EVEN MARYLAND (if you have a permit)--and in states like VA there has actually been a significant DROP in violent crime in such establishments.

Every cloud has a silver lining--even if that lining is a situation that pisses people off enough to actually DO SOMETHING to change things for the better...
    +1

In Michigan as long as the primary source of income is not by the sale of alcohol then youre ok to carry...provided you have a concealed pistol license. If you do not then its off limits, which is assanine for people who do not because the law states "any establishment license by the michigan liquor control act" which is family restaurants and grocery stores and gas stations, etc. Its a silly portion of the law to have in there and makes no sense. But I agree its time to get silly laws like this done away with...National constitutional carry anyone?
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

+1. There has not been a shooting incident in VA (that I am aware of) that has been causing by an LAC carrying a gun in an establishment that serves/sells alcohol.

The alcohol laws are as as silly as the rest of them. Criminals do not follow laws. We do, and we're punished because of it.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 01-26-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member
    Just what is needed, a choice of either horrible tasting coffee or horrible tasting beer (if they brew their own 'blend').
    I never understood why someone would go and destroy a good cup of coffee with all the added crap...Then I had a cup of what Starbucks somehow considers coffee.
    I think coffee at your corner gas station would still be better even if it was sent through the hoses on the fuel pumps first.
    No need for a super duper double triple shot of organic extra synthetic choco-vanilla-cinna-twist mega latte mixed by the gentle motion of servers performing pirouettes here, just give me a Cup O' Jo...black.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Just what is needed, a choice of either horrible tasting coffee or horrible tasting beer (if they brew their own 'blend').
    I never understood why someone would go and destroy a good cup of coffee with all the added crap...Then I had a cup of what Starbucks somehow considers coffee.
    I think coffee at your corner gas station would still be better even if it was sent through the hoses on the fuel pumps first.
    No need for a super duper double triple shot of organic extra synthetic choco-vanilla-cinna-twist mega latte mixed by the gentle motion of servers performing pirouettes here, just give me a Cup O' Jo...black.
    They like to burn the coffee. Some people try to say "oh its a dark roast", I've had good dark roast(my favorite type), the flavor is not burnt. I happen to think gas station coffee from most big trucker stops is some of the best coffee available.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Difference of opinion makes horses race.

Personally, I think gas station/trucker coffee is brewed in the pumps specifically to put hair on your chest, and that's why I'll stick with Starbucks

Besides that I think adding alcohol (except to the coffee) is a bad business move, I only go in there for the frozen drinks. They can keep everything else.

And their plan may not work in VA, since you have to have a certain percentage of food sales to offset alcohol sales. I don't think coffee qualifies as 'food.'
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Maybe it is a way to prohibit firearms at their stores without actually posting a sign. It is the state's fault that you can't carry in their stores, not theirs.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Difference of opinion makes horses race.

Personally, I think gas station/trucker coffee is brewed in the pumps specifically to put hair on your chest, and that's why I'll stick with Starbucks
    That would explain something...
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.