• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry @ Starbucks? Maybe not for long!

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Starbucks to add beer, wine to menu...

If your state laws (like mine in NC) prohibit carrying where alcohol is sold & consumed, then you may soon be out of luck at Starbucks.

I already gave my feedback to Starbucks about how they would be losing the business of LACs (law abiding citizens) who patronize their stores and I encourage you to do the same.

Dreamer

Or, on the other hand, this may be a SERIOUS motivator for gun owners to start ACTIVELY lobbying their legislators in states like NC to abolish the silly prohibition on carrying in establishments that serve alcohol.

We need to DROP this dumb law--EVERY other state in our region allows carry in such establishments--EVEN MARYLAND (if you have a permit)--and in states like VA there has actually been a significant DROP in violent crime in such establishments.

Every cloud has a silver lining--even if that lining is a situation that pisses people off enough to actually DO SOMETHING to change things for the better...

PistolPackingMomma

Or, on the other hand, this may be a SERIOUS motivator for gun owners to start ACTIVELY lobbying their legislators in states like NC to abolish the silly prohibition on carrying in establishments that serve alcohol.

We need to DROP this dumb law--EVERY other state in our region allows carry in such establishments--EVEN MARYLAND (if you have a permit)--and in states like VA there has actually been a significant DROP in violent crime in such establishments.

Every cloud has a silver lining--even if that lining is a situation that pisses people off enough to actually DO SOMETHING to change things for the better...

+1

Yance

In Michigan as long as the primary source of income is not by the sale of alcohol then youre ok to carry...provided you have a concealed pistol license. If you do not then its off limits, which is assanine for people who do not because the law states "any establishment license by the michigan liquor control act" which is family restaurants and grocery stores and gas stations, etc. Its a silly portion of the law to have in there and makes no sense. But I agree its time to get silly laws like this done away with...National constitutional carry anyone?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

+1. There has not been a shooting incident in VA (that I am aware of) that has been causing by an LAC carrying a gun in an establishment that serves/sells alcohol.

The alcohol laws are as as silly as the rest of them. Criminals do not follow laws. We do, and we're punished because of it.

Last edited:

Toad

Founder's Club Member
Just what is needed, a choice of either horrible tasting coffee or horrible tasting beer (if they brew their own 'blend').
I never understood why someone would go and destroy a good cup of coffee with all the added crap...Then I had a cup of what Starbucks somehow considers coffee.
I think coffee at your corner gas station would still be better even if it was sent through the hoses on the fuel pumps first.
No need for a super duper double triple shot of organic extra synthetic choco-vanilla-cinna-twist mega latte mixed by the gentle motion of servers performing pirouettes here, just give me a Cup O' Jo...black.

Daylen

Just what is needed, a choice of either horrible tasting coffee or horrible tasting beer (if they brew their own 'blend').
I never understood why someone would go and destroy a good cup of coffee with all the added crap...Then I had a cup of what Starbucks somehow considers coffee.
I think coffee at your corner gas station would still be better even if it was sent through the hoses on the fuel pumps first.
No need for a super duper double triple shot of organic extra synthetic choco-vanilla-cinna-twist mega latte mixed by the gentle motion of servers performing pirouettes here, just give me a Cup O' Jo...black.

They like to burn the coffee. Some people try to say "oh its a dark roast", I've had good dark roast(my favorite type), the flavor is not burnt. I happen to think gas station coffee from most big trucker stops is some of the best coffee available.

PistolPackingMomma

Difference of opinion makes horses race.

Personally, I think gas station/trucker coffee is brewed in the pumps specifically to put hair on your chest, and that's why I'll stick with Starbucks ;)

paramedic70002

Besides that I think adding alcohol (except to the coffee) is a bad business move, I only go in there for the frozen drinks. They can keep everything else.

And their plan may not work in VA, since you have to have a certain percentage of food sales to offset alcohol sales. I don't think coffee qualifies as 'food.'

OC for ME

Maybe it is a way to prohibit firearms at their stores without actually posting a sign. It is the state's fault that you can't carry in their stores, not theirs.