• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tea Party has been officially co-opted by the establishment

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
ROTFL!

Gingrich and Romney ARE tax and spend liberals. That's why the term neoconservative. They use conservative rhetoric around election time but have moderate to liberal records. If they can't find a domestic program to spend our money on like mandated healthcare, medicare part D or bailouts (all of which and more, they've supported) they'll just spend it on the military industrial machine.

No, if the Tea Party votes for them it proves that they're either part of the establishment, completely ignorant or both.

Last edited:

Gil223

if the Tea Party votes for them it proves that they're either part of the establishment, completely ignorant or both.

Which takes me back to my question in #16 - WHO IN WASHINGTON D.C. IS HONESTLY AND TRULY SUPPORTING OUR CONSTITUTION?

It's obviously not the Obama administration, and the proposed contenders offered up by the opposition are as worthless as he is. Apparently many people here think our Democratic Republic is doomed, and must therefore believe that we are in a lose-lose situation this coming November.

Granted, the Republican candidate for the office of the president, will be nothing to get excited about, and there are no Democrats other than the incumbent who have officially announced their candidacy for the office, so our choices are quite limited. Personally, I would vote for almost anybody other than Barack Obama. He has done nothing to improve our lives - his policies give with one hand, and he takes away with the other. Obamacare promises medical coverage for all... and then it limits what care you can get, and establishes conditions and limits on when! At the same time -as good as 'healthcare for all' sounds to some - the odds are severely against the timely availability of any care, because of the sharply increased patient-to-physician ratio! Obamacare will add 50,000,000 patients to the workload of the medical community. Where are the medical personnel to care for them coming from? Will he pull them out of a hat? His fiscal policies are bankrupting our country, and I have reached the point where I would vote for almost anybody who runs against Obama - including Rocky Suhayda! My vote will be a "just because this person is not Obama" vote, and has nothing to do with his race. I would vote for Alan Keyes, Alan West, Condie Rice or any other person of color that ran against Obama... IF they were Constitutionally conscious, fiscally aware, and American by birth!

By definition, the "establishment" as it pertains to this discussion is: "a. often capitalized: a group of social, economic, and political leaders who form a ruling class (as of a nation)". That makes anybody in an elected political office (from the White House down to the president of your local Rotary Club)a member of "the establishment" by default. Therefore on November 2nd it will be a waste of time to vote for anybody... let's all just stay home, sit back and relax, and let the Electoral College decide who our next president will be. Pax...

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
It's simple. Look at a candidates actual record. Don't listen to the rhetoric and sound bites. You'll soon find that the candidates that the establishment dislikes and trys to exclude usually have the best records.

There are two very good candidates to vote for this year and one of them will be getting my vote in the primary. Most likely, the other will get my vote in the general depending on how things work out.

Daylen

If the Tea Party supports Gingrich or Romney, the only thing that is really obvious is that they would support anyone opposing a left-wing, tax-and-spend liberal-progressive. Pax...

You seem to imply Newt and Romney are not left wing. Newt is anticapitalist and is responsible for the gun free school zones act of 1995. Romney has flip flopped his way through every left wing position including passing Romneycare, the precursor to Obamacare.

hermannr

I'm not so sure the tea party concept is under water, swallowed by the Republocrats, but, at least in FL, I think you are seeing what the media can do by pushing candidate X Verses Candidate Y, while leaving out reference to Candidates w and z. That is because the media considers w and z "undesirable" options.

The people have bought into the male bovine excretement that Ron Paul is not an electable option, where in fact, he is the only truly electable option.

If you look at Gingrich financial supporter Adelman you will see the source of the problem. Not in Adelman himself, but in what he is pushing...aid for Isreal. Now if 1 million dollars in super PAC campaign support gets a president that is willing to pledge Billions in aid for Isreal,,,,pretty good investment don't you think? (that is if your goal is supporting Isreal)

I'm not picking on Adelman because he is Jewish, even though he is. I am using him as an example. There are a lot of other people that call themselves "Christian dispensationalists" that would back Mr. Adelman all the way on fleecing the US for the benifit of Isreal. They are looking for a heaven on earth, and in their theology, this all pivots on Isreal and a great battle between the forces of "good" and "Evil".

I'm sorry, If they all want to support Isreal (or any other foreign government) because of their religious convictions, I say let them, out of their own pocket, and with their own blood....not with US dollars and US soldiers.

So, why is Ron Paul not acceptable? He is for no foreign envolvement and no foreign aid....where is Adelman's (as a type not a specific person necessarily) ROI there????

Beretta92FSLady

You're comparing the Tea Party grassroots movement with your ass? So basically you had a nice, well defined ass that got fat and bloated? How sad.

I kid, I kid. :p

My ass has gotten bigger over the years.

The 'tea party' is finished! Now the Republicans are going to have to devise another so-called 'grassroots' movement.

Beretta92FSLady

Beretta,
If you look at the polls and surveys you'll see that the Tea Party did legitimately start out with a lot of libertarian members and ideals. Over the last 4 or so years it's pretty much been co-opted though. Your "leftyness" prevented you from seeing it. :lol:

It is hard to see it from all the way over here!:p

Ironbar

Well, if this recent poll is any indication; the Tea party is now preeminently neoconservatives in disguise; at least in Florida. I was resisting this as much as possible but the polls are showing a steady drift away from the values the tea party started with and towards the status quo. *Sigh*, I wish they'd replace the Gadsden flag with something else so they don't further tarnish it and I don't feel compelled to change my avatar.

Ah yes, if there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it’s another nonconformist who doesn’t conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Ah yes, if there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it’s another nonconformist who doesn’t conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity.

Your Epithet of "nonconformist" may fit for those whose goal is nonconformity. For myself and others it means nothing; as does your opinion on conformity, at least to anyone but yourself.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Daylen

Aren't they attempting to co-opt OWS as we speak? Then they'll have a "grassroots" movement too. :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

100 people showing up who are paid to do so by unions and Soros is not grass roots. Giving out free food to homeless people to show up doesn't count either. If they really want that group then the dems are really stupid. The violence of OWS is getting worse and is already showing the rest of America what a bunch of loons and commie anarchists are in OWS.

Beretta92FSLady

When will the Democrats have a grassroots movement?

Democrats don't need one. Republicans need grassroots movements because they are not as savvy online as Democrats--Democrats spend twice as much time on the internet, not because they have to but because they can, living off the tit of the rich; maybe that's the grassroots movement!:p

Proof is in the pudding, I bet my daily average post on here is twice as much as yours!

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Democrats don't need one. Republicans need grassroots movements because they are not as savvy online as Democrats--Democrats spend twice as much time on the internet, not because they have to but because they can, living off the tit of the rich; maybe that's the grassroots movement!:p

Proof is in the pudding, I bet my daily average post on here is twice as much as yours!

It's pretty well established that the democrat base is comprised of parasites that live off the efforts of others, no need to point it out. Conservatives generally work for a living.

Beretta92FSLady

It's pretty well established that the democrat base is comprised of parasites that live off the efforts of others, no need to point it out. Conservatives generally work for a living.

Yes, Conservatives generally work for a living, such as: Mitt Romney. Hard working man.

I can't wait to drink your beer! You should just send it to me now.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Yes, Conservatives generally work for a living, such as: Mitt Romney. Hard working man.

I can't wait to drink your beer! You should just send it to me now.

In what world in Romney a conservative? Your location is really misleading. You might as well give up drinking now, so you don't detox when all your beer budget is sent my way.

DangerClose

Merriam-Webster's Definition of NEOCONSERVATIVE:

Lately, some people try to link "neoconservative" with meaning "pro-Israel."

"That guy there is a neocon."
"OMG, just say what you mean and stop using code words! You're mad because he's pro-Israel and you're an anti-semite!"
"wut?"

Anyway, yes, the Tea Party ain't what it used to be. Some people say the Tea Party was started by Rick Santelli. I tell those people to go put Tea Party 2007 into Youtube search and see what happens.

It's too bad... I see so many people claim they are Tea Party now, and then they want to vote Mitt or Newt over Ron Paul. You'd think people in the Taxed Enough Already Party would go for the limited-government guy who has never voted to raise taxes and who wants to eliminate the entire income tax and IRS, but nope. These people are liars and hypocrites.

And now we have supposed-tea-party-darling Sarah Palin unofficially endorsing progressive Newt. That pretty much seals the end of the real Tea Party imo.

So I was driving to work one morning, stuck in traffic, and on nearly every bumper I saw a conservative-type bumper sticker. "Hmm, that's strange... I wonder why I don't see liberal-type bumper stickers anywhere?" And then I realized, oh, it's because all these people were on their way To Work.

:lol::lol::lol: