• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Wolf Lodge Sign

jepp114

The attached picture is just inside of the front door of Great Wolf Lodge. No metal detectors, no way to enforce it. If it's concealed how would they know anyway? This bit of information is not anywhere online on their website.

Attachments

• IMAG0285.jpg
    IMAG0285.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 612

5918mike

Open carry is ok (per the sign) :)

LOL, love your thinking. I would love to see a scenario play out,

Great Wolf Employee, "sir, we don't allow firearms in this facility, there is a sign over there"

OCer, "yes I saw the sign as I walked by with my concealed firearm so I have now positioned it to not be concealed"

GWE, uh uh uh....but....let me talk to my manager...

amlevin

Some will see the sign, go back to their vehicle, and lock it in the trunk.

Some will see the sign and just proceed with it concealed, ignoring it.

Then there are those who are carrying illegally to begin with and won't give a crap if there was a sign or not.

The way I see it is it's just something their corporate shyster told them to post as another CYA move.

jeeper1

Then there are those who are carrying illegally to begin with and won't give a crap if there was a sign or not.

Half of those probably couldn't read the the sign anyway.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Open carry is ok (per the sign) :)
That was my FIRST thought actually,

The main reason why I say that is because in MT and other states that are specifically by law off limits only to conceal carry, while open carry remains lawful. Of course, here we know that its just the business posting the sign but ones to wonder if there actual intent of the sign is just directed towards conceal carry as it would imply or any carry. Myself, would take the sign literally and carry openly like normal.

MadHatter66

The main reason why I say that is because in MT and other states that are specifically by law off limits only to conceal carry, while open carry remains lawful. Of course, here we know that its just the business posting the sign but ones to wonder if there actual intent of the sign is just directed towards conceal carry as it would imply or any carry. Myself, would take the sign literally and carry openly like normal.

I was actually thinking this same thing about MT... I took a quick look around their corporate site, thinking they might be HQ'd in MT. Looks like they are out of WI actually. They might have someone in upper management or corporate security that is from MT, which could also explain the sign. Lets me honest, that isn't a sigh that you see a lot here in WA. Usually it is crudely put together signs with incorrect RCW's listed on them.

hermannr

Remember, WI, up until last November was OC only...there was no CC.

If this outfit??? (whoever they are) is headquartered in WI, it is very possible the sign means exactly as read...don't conceal, however OC is OK.