Thread: Another Oklahoma home invader gets lead poisoning.

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association

Another Oklahoma home invader gets lead poisoning.

MIDWEST CITY A man fatally shot an armed intruder who kicked in his door Thursday morning, Police Chief Brandon Clabes said.

The man said he heard his dog growling, then heard two hard kicks on his front door about 7:45 a.m.

He grabbed a gun from his bedroom and confronted a man who broke in with a gun inside the duplex at 301 N Kendra Drive in Midwest City.

The resident opened fire and hit the intruder once in the chest. The intruder, Reginald Keith Joseph Jr., 27, was taken to Midwest Regional Medical Center where he died, Clabes said.

Read more:

Also from our local CBS affiliate:

Tallahassee, Florida, USA
    "It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

West Allis, WI
    Good for him defending his life and property.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Tigard, Oregon, USA
    One more dead thug. Good.

High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Good guy wins and the bag guy looses, the way it should be.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Salt Lake City, UT
    Another home owner doing society a favor....taking out the garbage.

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States

Wink I am incensed about this

I can't even express the outrage I have over this story. When will those in Ok understand that there is no property worth protecting that would result in the death of a fine, upstanding, aspiring athlete, who was a good boy only he fell in with the wrong fiends, kind of guy! He the victim, we'll call him honorable citizen, has a right to make a living too. Yeah, he could have chosen to stay out of the house and used the government to steal from others to give to him but no! he wanted to be his own man. He didn't want to waste taxpayers money to support him; he didn't want to have to rely on "the man" for anything. He struck out on his own and got struck out. Now, he's saving taxpayers money.

The homeowner should have had a sign saying: Warning! Home invasion maybe hazardous to ones health. Then maybe honorable citizen would have chosen another house, maybe an anti's, and he would still be alive making a living. This whole story is an outrage! We need more gun control.

I also read that honorable citizen was armed also; well, I can see why. With those pesky homeowners being armed and putting up resistance and all, the man has to have a way to protect himself. Who cares that we already have laws stating convicted felons can't owen or carry a firearm, some laws are best to break to keep those night workers (sometime days) safe. Here we have a whole class of citizens who can't break the cycle of being dependent because we have people (law abiding citizens) who want to protect the people they love, and protect the things they worked hard to attain. Nope I say break the cycle, run your own business become an oppertanuer and stay safe until we can pass more gun control to keep you safe.

Edited: Until then, use the government to steal from the rich to give to the poor.
    Last edited by Packer fan; 02-19-2012 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Advice