• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doesn't support

1911dave

Builders Hardware and Hollow Metal Inc.
W165N5690 Contintal Parkway
Menomonee Falls WI 53051
Posts against concealled weapons.

MKEgal

so carry openly

My favorite coffee shop also has a sign (on one door, so it's not a legal prohibition) saying "no concealed guns, bazookas, grenade launchers, flame throwers", and he's perfectly happy with open carry.

just the facts mam

My favorite coffee shop also has a sign (on one door, so it's not a legal prohibition) saying "no concealed guns, bazookas, grenade launchers, flame throwers", and he's perfectly happy with open carry.

So does this mean that patrons who carry concealed are not welcome and will be told to leave? That's the way that I read it. If so, why would you patronize it and shouldn't it be listed in the "Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights" thread?

E6chevron

So does this mean that patrons who carry concealed are not welcome and will be told to leave? That's the way that I read it. If so, why would you patronize it and shouldn't it be listed in the "Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights" thread?

Welcome to the forum!

Tell us about yourself, do you carry open or concealed?

When you go fishing, do you just cast out your bait and see what bites, or do you troll?

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran

I've had a craving for another one of their omelets lately. Pretty good stuff.

@just the facts - The sign posted at the coffee shop is a joke. Owner doesn't want CONCEALED guns, bazookas, flamethrowers, or grenades. He loves the fact that we come in with guns on our hips. I'm sure if your jacket fell over your gun, he's not going to call the cops because you're concealing. He'd prefer OC. Besides, if you're carrying a flamethrower, keeping your jacket pulled over it just wouldn't be comfortable after a while............

A couple of us met for breakfast here a few weeks ago, and their was not mass panic. When I walked in and met some other members, I pulled my coat off and threw it on the back of the chair, exposing my defensive weapon. No screams, no mass hysteria, just another day. The guy running the omelet bar made a comment along the lines of "Man, I love you guys. That's cool as hell".

Definitely a big fan of that coffee shop.

Welcome to the forum!

When you go fishing, do you just cast out your bait and see what bites, or do you troll?

Now that's I've cleaned the coffee of my keyboard, screen, changed clothes, and got a fresh cup of coffee, I'm going to have to yell at you for not having a disclaimer at the beginning of your post. It's to early in the morning for a sinus flush. When ya post funny stuff like that, ya simply gotta have a warning........ LoL

Last edited:

just the facts mam

Welcome to the forum!

I'd like to say thank you, but somehow the welcome doesn't seem sincere.

I've never open carried as a civilian, I infrequently carry concealed right now (a Colt Govt. model) and I'll carry regularly once I find a handgun & holster that I'm comfortable with.

Did you have any intention on answering the several questions that I asked, or do you just prefer to evade answers to questions you may not like and resort to name calling? They were sincere questions and I don't know why that would make me a troll. It sounds as though you are a staff Sergeant or former staff sergeant. I would have expected better than that from an NCO.

msusnVet

Be aware of the coffee cup bent finger and chain smoking smarmodon. They shuffle, shuffle, shuffle.

Last edited:

E6chevron

At this time, in Wisconsin, the state statutes treat Open Carry as a right spelled out in Article 1, Section 25 of the Wisconsin Constitution:

The people have the right to keep and bear arms for
security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose.

Under most circumstances, Concealed Carry of firearms in Wisconsin, requires a Concealed Carry License or Permit.

Since this coffee shop, allows Open Carry, I would consider it to be supportive of our right.

Personally, I prefer to toss Mepps spinners with a nice Fenwick spin/fly backpack rod that my dad gave me the last summer we enjoyed fishing together.

just the facts mam

At this time, in Wisconsin, the state statutes treat Open Carry as a right spelled out in Article 1, Section 25 of the Wisconsin Constitution:

Under most circumstances, Concealed Carry of firearms in Wisconsin, requires a Concealed Carry License or Permit.

Since this coffee shop, allows Open Carry, I would consider it to be supportive of our right.

Personally, I prefer to toss Mepps spinners with a nice Fenwick spin/fly backpack rod that my dad gave me the last summer we enjoyed fishing together.

Fair enough. Thank you. It sounds as though the shop is pro-gun with how friendly they are towards open carry. With concealed carry being legal now and with immunity from liability, I don't understand why the owner wouldn't approve of concealed carry too. Even if the sign is a joke or not, if someone not familiar to that coffee shop and not knowing their policy towards open carry were to walk by or consider entering, I'd think that they may interpret that as them being hostile to guns (or any weapons).

protias

I don't see where OC or CC is specifically spelled out in Article 1, Section 25. It merely says we have that right to carry (of our prefered method of choosing).