• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlottesville Starbucks OC 2-14-2012 6:00 pm

Patriot2A

1601 University Ave is the one on the 'corner'.
there's another north up rt 29 a bit: 1520 Seminole Trail and another up near Airport Rd in the Hollymead Shopping Center near Harris Teeter.

eta: there's another one on Pantops near the Giant supermarket.

Alright, which one is the meet up at?

mk4

Had a great meet-up with Agent19 at the SB at Hollymead.

Jay

I completely forgot I have a training class this evening and will not have time to stop by... I am actually going to go buy my cup right now.

Last edited:

mk4

I'm in my 2nd 'bux of the day. I'm broke and all caffeine-jittery now... :shocker:

mk4

Not necessarily. Patriot2A was asking about a meet up.
Where we're you planning to stop in? University Ave?

JesterP99

Just got back from the Hollymead Starbucks. The cashier had no idea what today was (other than Valentine's Day). I told her about the NGAC (Should be NGVAC) and their boycott and that I supported Starbucks' decision. To which she said, "Yeah, I can see you believe in carrying a gun", pointing at my firearm. She felt a tad bit awkward.

But, no funny looks, nobody walked, out, nobody looked twice, a normal day OCing.

mk4

@P2A...
That's too bad about the customers. Maybe the recent event in Culpeper has the average citizen wary of openly carried firearms... :uhoh:

Last edited:

Patriot2A

@P2A...
That's too bad about the customers. Maybe the recent event in Culpeper has the average citizen wary of openly carried firearms... :uhoh:

Yea, actually made me feel a little awkward/uncomfortable when the two customers got up and left as fast as they did.

mk4

@Jester...
Interesting. I didn't notice any reactions this morning while Agent19 and I were there. We didn't have any conversations with any of the staff about the boycott. We just went about our business. We were there over an hour.

Marco

No issues yesterday morning and no issues this morning.

I thought I'd try their new Blonde "light, coffee" man was that a mistake..
The second time around I got hot chocolate.