Thread: Vehicle Handgun Holster....For Those That Want It Close!

Lightbulb Vehicle Handgun Holster....For Those That Want It Close!

Link: http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/Unive...-Mount-p5.html

Added this: It's a "mount" not a holster. The mount supposedly connects to most handgun holsters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vehicle Holster.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	7823  
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 01-26-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: added information
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post

Added this: It's a "mount" not a holster. The mount supposedly connects to most handgun holsters.
    Interesting.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

$35 isn't too bad for that. And if you don't have a holster, you can spend the extra $15 to get the mount and holster combo: http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/Vehic...-Combo-p8.html
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Have one....

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post

and it works very well. Since I don't have much padding (6'2" 180#) this helps relieve my back of an imprint when driving. I don't always need it as my carry method varies.
    I attached a basic nylon holster to it and it works. The soft holster is a good choice to save my knees when entering and exiting the vehicle. Be aware that you need enough room for the mount and the gun to clear your body parts. Not really going to work well in a sub-compact (car) situation. Unless you have very short legs. If I have time, I'll try and get a pic this weekend.

Overall, a well made product.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-02-25_08-16-08_449.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	8023

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-02-25_08-19-10_970.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	8024

You can see the attachement hooks. They key is that they have to be pulled tight. If not, when you remove the gun from the holster it will tension to one side and drop the lower hook loose from the vehicle. Therefore you need to have it good and tight.

I am looking at adapting this to attach to drivers side of the center console (just in front of the drivers seat). I can't make any holes in the vehicle, so it needs to be a 'neat and clean' install. I think it will be a summer project.
    Last edited by Helorob; 02-25-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Picture update