Thread: Auburn.....

Auburn.....

So to keep in on topic, I wish I could carry out here. But alas, I drove a company rig over and they said no firearms allowed, even just transporting....

It looks like a bomb went off here! Breihl, I think we're out here helping you guys out. Lets just say that my company sent me over to help out with storm damage restoration of your guys "largest" communications (internet) provider.

I'll mostly be working for the next week or so, but if any of ya'll want to get some evening dinner or something let me know!

-Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Thor80 View Post
    So to keep in on topic, I wish I could carry out here. But alas, I drove a company rig over and they said no firearms allowed, even just transporting....

It looks like a bomb went off here! Breihl, I think we're out here helping you guys out. Lets just say that my company sent me over to help out with storm damage restoration of your guys "largest" communications (internet) provider.

I'll mostly be working for the next week or so, but if any of ya'll want to get some evening dinner or something let me know!

-Thor
    Jimmy Mac's is just 10 minutes away up in Federal Way, they are on the OC friendly list, Longhorn BBq is in Auburn and might be a good option. I can't meet up Sunday-Tuesday but should be able to on any other day, even just for coffee.
    Last edited by hrlysef; 01-27-2012 at 10:57 AM.

It looks like a bomb went off here!

Normal for Auburn. It's a combo of ghetto and white trash, generally.

Yea Auburn is not the best place. I let my girl pick the area... Go figure.... I am planning on buying a house and looking into Maple Valley... Much nicer area.

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Normal for Auburn. It's a combo of ghetto and white trash, generally.[/COLOR]
    I haven't been back to Auburn in a decade. I grew up there and saw it change dramatically around the time they put that stupid "Supermall" in. Too many apartments and industrial areas for troublemakers to settle in.

Too bad, I have lot's of great memories from my years growing up there: Wagner's hobby shop, Trotter's, tubing on the Green River, tormenting the security guys at the college, Comstock's Bookstore on Main Street... Ah, the good old days of ignorant bliss.
    Last edited by Freedom First; 01-27-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by briehl12 View Post
    Yea Auburn is not the best place. I let my girl pick the area... Go figure.... I am planning on buying a house and looking into Maple Valley... Much nicer area.
    I just spent all day working up in Maple Valley today as its part of the area supported from our Auburn shop. Seems like a very nice place, reminds me of the "Otis Orchards" area back in Spokane. A lot of rural type areas/homes with some mixed in subdevelopment stuff. I hung a 560ft long cable across a cow pasture out there today to restore service to some folks out there. Just like home.

Hrlysef, If there's any kind of coffee meet coming up coming up in the area this weekend let me know, I'd try to swing by on lunch. Or if anyone is around for dinner it'd have to be close to Auburn as i'm in a company rig and cant go too far out of my way for dinner. I don't know much more than the Applebees or the Mexican restaurant next the the hotel though....

-Thor
    Last edited by Thor80; 01-28-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Comstocks' bookstore is still there.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.