Thread: Anyone Carry in baby's r us?

Anyone Carry in baby's r us?

I noticed the other day the sign on the front of the door at baby's r us in Henderson - Stephanie St.

They have three small circles up top, something like clothes. no filming...and then below those is a huge circle with a gun and the wording says guns are "prohibited".

Isn't the word "prohibited" generally reserved for legal terminology?

In any case, I was wondering if any of you bold folks would be interested in giving it a go to test reaction and educate the folks there.

28kfps
    My baby is 30 years old so I do not have any need to visit the store. Prohibited carries no more weight than, not allowed or any other “no weapons term” they use. As said so many times on this forum one would not break any laws if they enter past such sign on private property unless refusing to leave when asked. In that case, it is a trespassing issue only.

It is their right to post such sign and your right not spend any money in their store. I believe with such strong wording the only one that may get educated will be the person that open carries into their store. Just my opinion, this might be one where it would be more effective to send them an e-mail or letter asking them why they are not following the state gun laws, when following the state gun laws is the norm for the majority of business.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by jdholmes View Post
    Isn't the word "prohibited" generally reserved for legal terminology?
    Nope. It just means they're trying to impress you with their ban.

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    Just my opinion, this might be one where it would be more effective to send them an e-mail or letter asking them why they are not following the state gun laws, when following the state gun laws is the norm for the majority of business.
    Ditto...

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

It is my understanding that all locations are posted, including Toys R Us stores. That is the case in VA, at least. When I pursued the issue they said their prohibition was for the "children."
    Last edited by thebigsd; 01-27-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    It is my understanding that all locations are posted, including Toys R Us stores. That is the case in VA, at least. When I pursued the issue they said their prohibition was for the "children."
    Of course. Newborns are inherently afraid of inanimate objects.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

As far as I know, all Baby's R Us and Toys R Us stores are posted. Being that I have a 9-month of, my wife and I frequent the one in Reno on a fairly regular basis. We just stick with concealed carry. I'd rather not support a business that posts signage, but there's just a certain level of convenience that we're not willing to give up. Thankfully, we've discovered that most of the things we typically get are available on amazon.com for cheaper.