• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone Carry in baby's r us?

jdholmes

I noticed the other day the sign on the front of the door at baby's r us in Henderson - Stephanie St.

They have three small circles up top, something like clothes. no filming...and then below those is a huge circle with a gun and the wording says guns are "prohibited".

Isn't the word "prohibited" generally reserved for legal terminology?

In any case, I was wondering if any of you bold folks would be interested in giving it a go to test reaction and educate the folks there.

28kfps

My baby is 30 years old so I do not have any need to visit the store. Prohibited carries no more weight than, not allowed or any other “no weapons term” they use. As said so many times on this forum one would not break any laws if they enter past such sign on private property unless refusing to leave when asked. In that case, it is a trespassing issue only.

It is their right to post such sign and your right not spend any money in their store. I believe with such strong wording the only one that may get educated will be the person that open carries into their store. Just my opinion, this might be one where it would be more effective to send them an e-mail or letter asking them why they are not following the state gun laws, when following the state gun laws is the norm for the majority of business.

The Big Guy

Just my opinion, this might be one where it would be more effective to send them an e-mail or letter asking them why they are not following the state gun laws, when following the state gun laws is the norm for the majority of business.

Ditto...

TBG

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It is my understanding that all locations are posted, including Toys R Us stores. That is the case in VA, at least. When I pursued the issue they said their prohibition was for the "children."

Last edited:

The Big Guy

It is my understanding that all locations are posted, including Toys R Us stores. That is the case in VA, at least. When I pursued the issue they said their prohibition was for the "children."

Of course. Newborns are inherently afraid of inanimate objects.

TBG

njeske

As far as I know, all Baby's R Us and Toys R Us stores are posted. Being that I have a 9-month of, my wife and I frequent the one in Reno on a fairly regular basis. We just stick with concealed carry. I'd rather not support a business that posts signage, but there's just a certain level of convenience that we're not willing to give up. Thankfully, we've discovered that most of the things we typically get are available on amazon.com for cheaper.